Florida Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal injuries in Florida resulting from accidents range from relatively minor cuts to life-changing spine or brain injuries – even death. In addition to the physical consequences of the incident, you will likely face substantial financial burdens such as lost wages or medical bills beyond what you can afford.
At Meldon Law, our Florida personal injury attorneys understand the toll a personal injury case takes on you and your loved ones – physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. That’s why no matter the nature of your personal injury case, we put our years of litigation expertise to work for you, fighting for you and the justice you deserve.
When you have been injured, contact us right away. This allows you to accurately recall your accident’s details while ensuring we can file your claim within Florida’s statute of limitations and get to work immediately building your case.
Meldon Law PI Cases
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that about 30 million people went to emergency rooms throughout the United States in 2017 to seek treatment for accidental injuries. In 2019, there were almost 1.9 million non-fatal injuries resulting in emergency visits in Florida.
Accidental personal injuries can occur in many different ways. In many cases, these injuries result from another party’s negligence, meaning they failed to act with the level of care legally expected in that particular situation. In such instances, injured victims have the right to seek compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim.
Negligence can be a complicated legal concept, and there is a wide range of negligent acts that lead to personal injury claims. The type of evidence needed to prove negligence and the legal questions that may arise in a particular case will depend on the specific act that caused your accident and injuries. For this reason, you need an attorney who has experience handling cases that involve your type of accident. To best serve injured clients, the attorneys at Meldon Law regularly handle a variety of injury cases.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
The CDC reports that the 3 million people injured in non-fatal motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. annually total over $75 billion in medical care and productivity costs. Every motor vehicle accident is different and occurs for various reasons, many of which involve negligent drivers. Drunk driving, distracted driving, and violating traffic regulations can lead to crash injuries and legal liability. Traffic accidents can also involve different types of vehicles, leading to injuries of variant nature and severity.
- Car Accidents – When you have been involved in a car accident, your life can change in an instant. In addition to physical injuries, auto accidents can leave you with mounting medical bills or loss of wages. That’s why you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side.
- Big Truck Accidents– Accidents involving semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big trucks are often catastrophic for those involved, and these cases are complicated due to all the possible parties and evidence involved. It is essential to have knowledgeable truck accident lawyers on your side from day one.
- Motorcycle Accidents– Motorcycle accidents frequently cause substantial injuries due to the lack of protection afforded riders without safety belts, roll bars, or a surrounding metal frame. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you need an attorney who will fight for you while you fight to recover your health.
- ATV Accidents – While designed for recreation, it is anything but fun to be involved or injured in an ATV accident. Whether caused by operator error, manufacturing defects, or rollover, an ATV accident can have devastating consequences for your life. Our attorneys are well-equipped to handle your ATV accident case and are ready to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrian accident cases are complex due to the involvement of insurance companies and car drivers, and Florida law prohibits pedestrians from filing claims against insurance companies right away. Having a competent legal team behind you will help you pursue any legal recourse you have for your pedestrian accident.
Following any Florida traffic accident, you should always follow any emergency medical personnel’s advice if they tell you to go directly to the hospital. If you can remain on the accident scene, you should wait for law enforcement to arrive to ensure they hear your side of the story. If another driver is intoxicated or has violated the law, police can arrest the driver or issue citations, which can help your case. As soon as you know that your physical health is stable after an accident, your next call should be to our skilled personal injury lawyers to determine the best course of action for you.
Other Types of Accidents
Of course, people can be injured in accidents that do not involve motor vehicles. Many other types of accidents occur because a property owner was negligent in the upkeep of their premises. When a business owner or property owner allows unsafe conditions or hazards, customers and visitors can be injured in the following ways.
- Slip and Falls – Perhaps you were injured because an owner knew of an issue and ignored it rather than fixing it. Whatever the cause, you have the right to engage an accomplished slip and fall attorney who will seek fair compensation for injuries you incur because of owner recklessness.
- Dog Bites– If you or a loved one has been injured by a dog bite, you may be reluctant to pursue a legal case if you know the dog owner. However, many dog bite case awards are paid from homeowners associations or insurance companies. You are still entitled to hire a professional dog bite attorney and pursue legal avenues to compensate you for dog bite injuries.
- Brain Injuries– A brain injury has devastating effects and can negatively impact cognitive function for the remainder of your life. In addition to any medical bills for physical injury, you will likely experience emotional and mental duress, and lost wages and income. Having a capable brain injury attorney on your side who understands what you are experiencing and fights to get you compensation is crucial.
Another unfortunate yet common cause of injury to Florida residents is medical negligence. While you should trust that your doctor will take proper care of you, medical professionals commonly make serious errors resulting in unnecessary injuries and extensive financial losses. Some common forms of medical malpractice that our medical malpractice attorneys handle include failure to diagnose, surgical errors, medication errors, birth injuries, and wrongful death.
Proving that a medical error rose to the level of negligence can involve complex analysis and technical evidence, so you need an attorney with experience representing medical malpractice victims.
The services listed above are not all-inclusive, and your case may fall outside of one of the categories listed. We encourage you to reach out to our knowledgeable team to determine if we can help in your unique situation.
The Florida Personal Injury Attorneys at Meldon Law Fight for You
When you have been injured, insurance companies may try to offer you a minimum settlement. The experienced Florida personal injury lawyers at Meldon Law are committed to helping accident victims seek fair compensation in court. If you have been injured, you need a law firm on your side with the experience and resources necessary to help you recover and get your life back on track. To learn about your legal rights following a personal injury, please contact our office today so we can get to work fighting for you and the justice you deserve.