Meldon Law Cares
For five decades, since we first opened the doors of Meldon Law, we have been dedicated to giving back to our local community and making our world a better place. Serving others has been part of our business from its inception. Our personal injury attorneys and team have built long-standing relationships and partnering with the nonprofits in our area and beyond. What started as just one office in Gainesville is now a team throughout the state of Florida ready to make a difference in the community.
Whether addressing our community’s needs during a pandemic by feeding first responders or spending years recognizing scholar youths and veterans in our area, Meldon Law Cares about all of our neighbors. Check out a few of our service highlights below.
During the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, Meldon Law dedicated its time, talent, and treasure to show love to front-line workers amid the pandemic. To serve those brave individuals, we purchased, donated, and delivered:
- 1,000 hamburgers from Five Guys and Shake Shack for the staff of North Florida Regional Medical Center, UF Health Shands, and Ft. Lauderdale’s Broward Health Medical Center.
- 20 pizzas from Leonardo’s Pizza to the staff at UF Health Shands.
- 400 Hogan’s Subs to the staff at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center and the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office.
- 400 Jimmy Johns subs to the staff at the Ocala Police Department and the Marion County Sheriff’s Department
- Meldon Law Ft. Lauderdale hosted a free laundry day and gave away pizza and prizes that included free laundry for a year.
We also teamed up with the Lubavitch Chabad Jewish Student and Community Center from the University of Florida to help distribute free boxes of fresh fruit and vegetables. We sponsored the 21st annual Stop The Violence Back To School Rally, where free backpacks were distributed to over 3,000 children. We offered $15 gift cards to help support our local restaurants and mailed free 10 packs of cotton masks to those in need who requested them. We were also proud to help local businesses recover damages by providing free insurance policy evaluations.
At Meldon Law, we honor the trust our clients and friends put in us when referring friends and family to our office. When we receive referred clients, we make a donation to the referrer’s favorite charity.
We are passionate about supporting the organizations that work so hard to serve those in need in our surrounding community. Here are just a few of our favorites.