Why I Wrote the Book, The Seven Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case & Why It is Important Reading Even Before You Are in an Accident.
I wrote The Seven Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case, based on my 37 years of experience as an accident lawyer. I wrote it as a consumer guide book to provide the reader a summary of some of the biggest mistakes people make after being injured in an accident in Florida.
I am Jeffrey Meldon, a Gainesville personal injury lawyer/accident attorney and I have been helping injured people in Florida, specifically Gainesville, Ocala, Lake City, Inverness and all of North Florida, get a fair shake from the insurance companies when they have been seriously injured in a car crash, truck wreck, motorcycle accident and other accidents. I know firsthand how devastating and challenging an accident can be and what can be done to help an accident victim get the justice or fair settlement or verdict that they deserve.
Why Did I write this book? Because:
- Everyday I talk with clients and hear terrible stories, really heart breaking stories, and often stories that could have had a better outcome if the client had been prepared and informed ahead of time.
- It makes me angry when I see legitimately injured people being taken advantage of by the intimidating and powerful insurance companies.
- It is upsetting when I see the devastation caused by an injured person’s mistakes before they became injured, from not having the proper insurance protection or as a result of missteps taken after their injury.
- There are a variety of common errors that I have seen accident victims make, including errors: at the scene, with the insurance company, with their medical care, with their choice of attorney, and in a number of other vital areas. These mistakes can end up wrecking an individual’s legitimate personal injury case. For the most part, (overall), these errors could have been avoided with some basic information, and guidance.
- Accidents and insurance are very complicated. However, a person can educate themselves and make good informed choices.
- Since I started helping the injured in Florida 37 years ago, I have seen people be taken advantage of by the insurance companies and get less than they deserve due to the inexperience of their lawyers.
- I felt a need to speak out and pass on some of my experience and knowledge to consumers, as a community service.
What is the purpose of this book?
- It was written as a consumer guide to help an injured person get a fair shake if they were involved in an accident and/or to allow them the peace of mind to know that they have done all they can to plan ahead in the event of one.
- This book was also written to help injured people find a qualified attorney who can provide effective representation, when necessary, in order for them to have the best shot at getting the justice they deserve. Some of the attorneys that advertise on TV or in the Yellow Pages are experienced personal injury lawyers, but many are not. Some will give you personal attention, others will not. Some are respected by the insurance companies, while others are not (see chapter 5 on why this is so important). I hope that this book shines some light on the importance of having experienced and qualified representation.
A serious injury can be devastating to your future. Make sure you are properly prepared, have adequate insurance, and are informed for such an event. Do your homework, so that you do not become a victim a second time.
Hello, I am Jeffrey Meldon. As an accident attorney, I strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of an accident or in the recovery from one.
My Office and Associates are located in Gainesville, Florida. We are Personal Injury Attorneys (Accident Lawyers). I take pride in my work and the results that I and my experienced team of Associates and Staff get for our clients.
Everyone in my Office works hard to help accident victims get the justice and the fair settlement or jury verdict that they deserve throughout the North and Central Florida area including: Ocala, Marion County, Alachua County, Lake City, Citrus County, Daytona Beach, and Inverness. I am highly involved with every case in my office and am the negotiator with insurance companies.
You can feel free to give me a call at 800-373-8000 or contact my office, with any questions you may have, or to discuss your unique case.
Consultations and Case Evaluations are always Free.