Everyday I hear “myths” about personal injury cases/accident cases and the insurance industry. So I have compiled a list of the most common “myths” or untruths that you should be aware of in Florida. Beware, the insurance industry is strong and powerful and is not on your side!
Here are The Top Ten Accident/Insurance Myths:
- You must give a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster for the at-fault party’s insurance company or your claim will be denied.
- You must sign a medical authorization form at the request of the at-fault insurance company (so they can go on a fishing expedition) or your claim will be denied.
- If you make a claim for uninsured motorist (UM) benefits, your insurance company will raise your insurance rates (remember you only have a UM claim if the other driver was at fault).
- If you make a claim for PIP it will raise your insurance rates (remember Florida is a no-fault state – you must get PIP and medical payment benefits from your own company).
- If you submit a reasonable settlement demand to the insurance company you will get a reasonable settlement offer.
- If you file a claim with your own insurance company they will treat you better than the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- If you get into an accident that was not your fault there will be enough insurance to pay for all your bills, lost wages, and injuries.
- You can expect the same settlement that your friend (cousin, neighbor, or co-worker) received for his or her accident case with similar injuries.
- You will get you money from the jury or insurance adjuster for all your past and future medical bills, and loss of income, because your doctor says you were injured.
- You will get rich if you are in an accident because; the court system is like winning the lottery for injury claims.
Beware: These are all mistruths, lies, myths; whatever you want to call them. They are just not true!
Consult an experienced accident attorney if you have been injured in an accident for the full story.
We at Meldon Law strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of an accident or in the recovery from one.
We are experienced personal injury attorneys, trial lawyers, negotiators, litigators, paralegals, and staff that have been proudly working to get accident victims the justice they deserve for over 40 years in Gainesville, Ocala, Lake City, Inverness, and the rest of North Central Florida and North Florida. Accidents involving a car crash, truck wreck, and motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and criminal defense are all included in our practice.
Based on Jeffrey Meldon’s, founder of Meldon Law, over 40 years of helping accident victims get justice and a fair shake from the insurance companies, he has written the consumer guide book, Seven Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case. You can request your free, no obligation copy right now, or contact our office for your complimentary copy sent to you today.
Contact Meldon Law at (800) 373-8000 or (352) 373-8000 immediately if you have been involved in a serious auto, truck, or motorcycle accident. We are in your community, have the experience and resources required to work towards obtaining a fair settlement for you – we are here to help you.