Drawing upon more than five years of practiced legal expertise, Mr. Pickens excels as an associate attorney with Meldon Law. Born and raised in Crescent City, Florida, he focuses his practice on driving under the influence (DUI) and criminal defense cases. Mr. Pickens continues to further his knowledge of these areas by regularly attending seminars and conferences.
Before embarking on his professional journey, Mr. Pickens earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science and sociology from Westminster College in 2011. Subsequently, he graduated with a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2014. He later gained valuable experience in the field during his years as an assistant state attorney for the Fifth Judicial Circuit. Between 2014 and 2017, Mr. Pickens tried a range of criminal cases covering misdemeanors and felonies.
Outside of his primary responsibilities, Mr. Pickens retains his professional alignment with the Florida Bar, the Young Professionals of Ocala, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Additionally, he contributes to the legal community as the president of the Marion County Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. With a plethora of knowledge at his disposal, Mr. Pickens has authored DUI defense guides for the Third, Fifth, and Eighth Judicial Circuits, as well as numerous articles through Meldon Law.
In light of his outstanding achievements, Mr. Pickens has been recognized on several occasions, having been featured in the American Academy of Attorneys’ Top 40 Under 40. He was additionally presented with a Top 10 DUI Defense Attorney Award from Attorney and Practice Magazine and an AVVO 10 Rating. Most recently Mr. Pickens has been included in Marquis Who’s Who.
Click here to view some of my most recent case results.
- Graduated Florida Coastal School of Law, 2014 JD, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Graduated Westminster College, 2011 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- American Academy of Attorneys Top 40 Under 40
- Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 DUI Defense Attorney
- R. Smith Inn of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Marion County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – President
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Chapter of FACDL
- Marion County Bar Association
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Putnam County Bar Association
- Former Assistant State Attorney
- Young Professional Organization Ocala – Board Member
- Marion County Take Stock in Children Program – Mentor
- Member Trinity Baptist Church
- A DUI Guide for the 3rd Judicial Circuit, Click HERE
(Columbia, Dixie, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Suwannee, Taylor Counties)
- A DUI Guide for the 5th Judicial Circuit, Click HERE
(Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Sumter Counties)
- A DUI Guide for the 8th Guide Circuit, Click HERE
(Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Gilchrist, Levy, Union Counties)
Please see the Library section of the site for all my educational articles.