Thank you for taking the time to find out more about me. I am currently an Associate Attorney with Meldon Law. Before joining the firm in 2017, I practiced law in Ocala with the State Attorney’s Office for almost 3 years. During my employment as an Assistant State Attorney, I handled numerous criminal cases ranging from misdemeanor DUIs to 1st-degree Felonies.
I’m a fourth-generation Floridian born and raised in Crescent City, Florida. I attended Westminster College located in New Wilmington, Pa. While I was there, I ran track from 2008-2011, was a brother of Sigma Nu Fraternity and received a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and in Sociology. After graduation, I returned home to Florida to attend Law School at Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville where I met my wife Shanae. I graduated with my Juris Doctorate in 2014 and was admitted to the Florida Bar the same year. My wife and I moved to Ocala where we both began our legal careers as Assistant State Attorneys. My love of the courtroom and desire to help people, whether they have been injured or arrested, is what made me want to be a trial attorney.
As an attorney, I concentrate on DUI/Criminal Defense. I regularly attend seminars and conferences to stay up to date on the trends, technology and cutting-edge motion practice in my field of law. My passion is protecting the right of the accused in North Central Florida.
Click here to view some of my most recent case results.
- Graduated Florida Coastal School of Law, 2014 JD, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Graduated Westminster College, 2011 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- American Academy of Attorneys Top 40 Under 40
- Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 DUI Defense Attorney
- R. Smith Inn of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Marion County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – President
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Chapter of FACDL
- Marion County Bar Association
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Putnam County Bar Association
- Former Assistant State Attorney
- Young Professional Organization Ocala – Board Member
- Marion County Take Stock in Children Program – Mentor
- Member Trinity Baptist Church
- A DUI Guide for the 3rd Judicial Circuit, Click HERE
(Columbia, Dixie, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Suwannee, Taylor Counties)
- A DUI Guide for the 5th Judicial Circuit, Click HERE
(Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Sumter Counties)
- A DUI Guide for the 8th Guide Circuit, Click HERE
(Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Gilchrist, Levy, Union Counties)
Please see the Library section of the site for all my educational articles.