Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Meldon Law is more than a personal injury law firm; we’re your sword and shield in your fight for financial justice. We do everything in our power to help our clients secure compensation for their losses, and now, we’re ready to help you, too.
A Gainesville motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can file your claim, investigate your collision, and pursue the fairest possible outcome. Through a settlement or court award, you could recover damages for your medical bills and pain and suffering. To begin a free case review and learn about partnering with our team, dial (352) 373-8000.
You Pay Nothing Out of Pocket to Secure Our Law Firm’s Help in Gainesville
Money can get tight after suffering a serious motorcycle accident. If this sounds familiar, you may have concerns about affording a lawyer. Yet, the clients at Meldon Law don’t have these worries because we work on contingency. Here’s what you can expect with this arrangement:
- You meet our team during a free, no-obligation case review. During this conversation, we listen to your story and explain your next steps.
- You can partner with our team after filling out the necessary paperwork. You don’t pay a dime during this process. We don’t even keep your credit card information on file.
- While setting up the foundation for our partnership, we explain how we take a predetermined percentage of your final settlement as payment for our help. You will know this figure from the very start.
- We advance your legal case. Our lawyers fight tooth and nail to secure a favorable outcome. If your case yields compensation, the insurance company sends us a check, we withdraw our attorney’s fees, and you get the rest.
Meldon Law wants to make securing legal help easy and stress-free. With a contingency-fee-based arrangement, we hope that everyone feels empowered to team up with our advocates.
Who Are the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Our Gainesville Office?
Together, our lawyers have decades of combined legal experience helping injured people secure the damages they need. When you entrust us with your case, you don’t have to lift a finger. Your job is to focus on getting better; our job is to resolve your case.
You can trust our team to:
Gather Evidence to Support Your Claim
Every motorcycle accident claim needs evidence to succeed. With the information we find, we intend to show that because another party caused your collision, they owe you damages. Evidence may include:
- Photos of your motorcycle’s damage
- Traffic camera footage
- Statements from eyewitnesses, such as first responders
- Accident reconstruction data
- Testimony from your care provider
- Receipts and bills for any out-of-pocket losses
Manage Communications With the Involved Parties
You could get overwhelmed by case-related emails, text messages, and phone calls after your accident. You need this time to focus on your well-being, not juggle communications with multiple parties. When you entrust your case to a Gainesville motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm, we take care of all communications with:
- Insurance adjusters
- The other party’s legal team
- Consultants, such as accident reconstruction specialists
- Law enforcement officials
- Courtroom officials
You don’t have to take a single call from the insurer with us on your side. In fact, you don’t have to take a call from anyone involved in your case. We’re not kidding when we say that we’ll handle everything.
Negotiate a Settlement
We resolve most motorcycle accident cases through negotiations with insurance companies. In these situations, you don’t have to worry about going to court or presenting your case before a jury. Instead, you can focus on feeling better.
During negotiations with the insurance company, we may:
- Present additional forms of evidence
- Reference the liable insurance policy
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Scrutinize every offer the insurer presents
File a Lawsuit (if Necessary)
Filing a lawsuit isn’t like the courtroom dramas you’ve seen on TV. These cases take weeks to unfold, sometimes involving dozens of witnesses. Yet, with Meldon Law on your side, you don’t have to worry about filing a lawsuit alone. We take care of those obligations, from filing your lawsuit to making closing arguments.
For our team, the courtroom is an extension of our office. That’s because we’ve advocated for injured people in Gainesville since 1971. We’ve seen our share of judges come and go, and our familiarity with courtroom officials allows us to present strong cases. When defense attorneys see that we’re representing a client, they think twice about playing games with us.
You Can Count on Us to Pursue Compensation for Your Losses in Gainesville
Whether you’re a student at one of our local colleges or a long-time resident, we want to advocate for you. Meldon Law has advocated for countless injury claimants over the years, and we know what goes into building a solid case.
With our team’s help, you could recover compensation for your:
Past and Future Healthcare Expenses
There’s no such thing as a minor motorcycle accident. You could require medical care long into the future, incurring costly bills in the process. Yet, with our help, you could get coverage for:
- Ambulance transportation services
- Doctors’ visits
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitative care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs
Your motorcycle accident lawyer can consult with your healthcare team to learn about the extent of your condition and the treatments you will require. We believe that if another party’s negligence led to your accident and injuries, you deserve full compensation for your treatment expenses.
Suffering a serious injury can prevent you from attending work. You shouldn’t have to suffer financial hardship while putting your health first. The liable party should cover any lost:
- Hourly rates
We can also seek damages for loss of future earning capacity. This damage accounts for any changes to your income in the aftermath of your collision. We can assess your income-related losses by analyzing your employment records, wage statements, and tax documents.
Property Damage Expenses
Do you rely on your motorcycle as a primary mode of transportation? You deserve compensation for its repairs and replacement. Do you only ride your motorcycle around town or on the weekends? The point still stands; you deserve coverage for any necessary expenses.
Wrongful Death Costs
Our team can only imagine what you’re going through if you lost a loved one to a fatal motorcycle accident. At Meldon Law, we extend our deepest condolences. Through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, we hope to bring comfort and closure to your family. Compensable losses in a wrongful death case may include:
- Funeral expenses, including the cost of burial, cremation, and the service
- Final medical bills, such as hospice care
- The lost loved one’s pain and suffering
- Anything the surviving family members spent out of pocket
Non-Economic Damages, Such as Pain and Suffering
The damages listed above come with financial values. For instance, when calculating your healthcare costs, we can use your doctor’s testimony and medical bills. Non-economic damages are different because they don’t come with documentation. Instead, we evaluate your quality of life, mental health, and day-to-day function to establish what you need.
Examples of compensable non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
Every motorcycle accident case in Gainesville comes with its own set of recoverable damages. So, you may recoup losses not included here.
Our Gainesville Team’s Case Results Speak for Themselves
There’s a story behind each of our successful cases. Here are some case results from our traffic accident claims and lawsuits:
- Our client suffered serious injuries after suffering a collision at an intersection. She suffered failed back syndrome and a traumatic brain injury. Before the case officially went to court, we settled for $500,000.
- We filed a lawsuit after our client suffered a serious back injury following a T-bone collision. Yet, once we presented the case’s facts at mediation, the liable party offered $105,000––and we accepted.
- Our client was riding his motorcycle when he collided with an illegally parked semi-truck. Not only did we secure compensation from his insurer, but we also filed a claim with the trucker’s insurance company. We secured $110,000.
The outcomes of these cases may not represent your own. Each case comes with its own damages and details. We intend to secure an outcome that promotes your health, wellness, and future.
We Advocate for Motorcycle Accident Victims With These Conditions
Unlike motorists in cars or trucks, motorcyclists do not have metal frames, bumpers, seatbelts, airbags, and other components to protect them in the event of a collision. This can cause accident victims to suffer serious injuries––something you know all too well.
Our Gainesville injury lawyers advocate for people suffering from:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushed limbs
- Broken or shattered bones
- Dental injuries, such as chipped teeth
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as whiplash
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accident Cases in Meldon
It’s understandable to have many questions in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. Some of those questions may include:
What Do Previous Clients Share About Meldon Law?
World-class. Awesome. Wonderful. These are just some of the words our previous clients use to describe us. Others have shared:
- “My team with Meldon Law was awesome and were really helpful during a difficult time in my life. They showed how much they cared and took their time to explain the process to me. I’m happy I chose them to help me with my case.”
- “I go to Meldon Law for any legal advice that may come up. Everyone I have spoken to there has been extremely nice and helpful, and Jessica Thomason particularly has helped me with many questions over the years.”
- “Meldon Law is great. Whenever I have a legal question I know I can depend on Jeffrey Meldon and Jessica Thomason to give educated and trusted advice on the situation. I refer my friends and family to them and they will always be the first place I go if I ever need legal representation.”
What Should I Do After Suffering a Motorcycle Accident?
Don’t try to “walk off” a motorcycle accident. Instead, seek medical attention, whether it’s at an urgent care center or through the University of Florida’s healthcare system. Also, be sure to follow your doctor’s treatment plan. Even a slight deviation could prompt the insurer to question your condition’s severity.
Other post-accident considerations include:
- Keeping all medical-related records. Your x-rays and other imaging scan results can supplement your claim later. You want as much information as possible to attest to your condition’s severity and the medical care you required.
- Refusing to give a recorded statement. Your motorcycle accident lawyer can give the liable insurer all the information it needs. You don’t have to give a recorded statement and risk saying something that could complicate your case.
- Refraining from posting about the incident online. Just like with a recorded statement, you don’t want to say anything that could later discredit your claim––and that includes posting about the incident online.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
With the passage of HB 837, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file an injury lawsuit. That’s not a lot of time, making it crucial to promptly consider your legal options. By consulting our team at your earliest convenience, you can uphold your right to damages.
How Long Does It Take to Recover Damages?
How long it takes to recover damages in a motorcycle accident case depends on many variables, some of which are totally out of your control. Our team understands how important it is to recover compensation as soon as possible after your accident. We overcome any hurdle that threatens to stall or delay your case’s resolution.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Team
At Meldon Law, we protect the rights of motorcycle accident victims throughout North Florida, including Gainesville, Ocala, Inverness, Lake City, and more. Our firm puts everything we have into each case we take.
We have experience handling complex motorcycle accident cases and the resources to explore different options for your recovery. Contact Meldon Law at (352) 373-8000.