Injury Accident Lawyers in Ocala Florida
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that about 31 million people went to emergency rooms throughout the United States in one year to seek treatment for accidental injuries. Accidental injuries can range from relatively minor cuts to life-changing spine or brain injuries. No matter what type of injury you suffered, however, you will likely face financial losses such as medical bills or lost income.
The experienced personal injury lawyers at Meldon Law in Ocala are committed to helping victims of accidental injuries recover for their losses whenever they can. If you would like to learn about your legal rights following a personal injury, please call our office today to discuss your specific situation with an experienced member of our legal team.
View Our Gainesville Personal Injury Page Click Here.
We Handle a Variety of Personal Injury Cases
Accidental personal injuries can occur in many different ways. In many cases, these injuries happen because someone else acted negligently. Negligence means that someone did not act with the amount of care that were legally expected to in a certain situation. In such instances, injured victims have the right to seek compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim.
Negligence can be a complex legal concept and there can be a wide range of negligent acts that lead to personal injury claims. The type of evidence needed to prove negligence and the legal questions that may arise in a particular case will depend on the specific act that caused your accident and injuries. For this reason, you want to ensure that your attorney has experience handling cases that involve the type of accident that happened to you. To best serve injured clients, the attorney at Meldon Law regularly handle a variety of injury cases.
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Ocala
Millions of people sustain injuries in traffic-related accidents every single year. Motor vehicle accidents can happen for many reasons, many of which involve negligent drivers. Drunk driving, distracted, driving, and violating traffic regulations can all lead to both injuries in crashes and legal liability for any injuries that resulted. Traffic accidents can involve different types of vehicles, which can contribute to the nature and severity of injuries suffered.
- Car Accidents – The majority of traffic accidents involve passenger vehicles such as cars or SUVs. Even with all of the safety features and modern technology in vehicles these days, occupants of cars still regularly sustain severe injuries in crashes.
- Big Truck Accidents – When you drive around Ocala, you will likely encounter a number of large commercial trucks. Because these trucks are so much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, truck accidents can result in devastating injuries and damage to motorists and their cars.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists have no seat belts, airbags, bumpers, or frame of a vehicle around them to protect their bodies from the impact of a crash. Even helmets cannot prevent all head and brain injuries in a motorcycle accident. For these reasons, motorcyclists can sustain debilitating injuries in accidents.
Following any type of traffic accident, you should always follow the advice of any emergency medical personnel if they tell you to go directly to the hospital. If you can remain on the scene, you should wait for law enforcement to arrive and ensure they hear your side of the story. If another driver is intoxicated or has violated the law, police can arrest the driver or issue citations, which can only help with your case. As soon as you know your physical health is stable after an accident, your next call should be to our skilled personal injury lawyers to determine the best course of action for you.
Other Types of Accidents
Of course, people can be injured in accidents that do not involve motor vehicles at all. Many other types of accidents occur because a property owner was negligent in the upkeep of their premises. When a business owner or property owner allows unsafe conditions or hazards to exist, customers and visitors can be injured in the following ways and more.
- Slip and Falls – While everyone has likely slipped and fallen at some point in their lives, some slip and falls you may never forget because of the severe injuries that can result. Many people are injured if they slip and fall due to dangerous flooring conditions, liquid spills, or other hazards on another party’s property.
- Falls – In addition to slips or trips, many people may fall from heights due to dangerous conditions. Falls down stairs, from landings or balconies, or other heights can result in severe injuries.
- Dog Bites – Many property owners have dogs or other animals on the premises. If a dog or animal attacks and bites you, you may suffer lacerations, torn ligaments, scars, infections, and emotional trauma. We can help you hold animal owners liable for your losses.
Another unfortunate yet common cause of injury to Ocala residents is medical negligence. While you should be able to trust that your doctor will take proper care of you, medical professionals commonly make serious errors that can result in unnecessary injuries and extensive financial losses. Some common forms of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose
- Surgical errors
- Medication errors
- Birth injuries
Proving that a medical error rose to the level of negligence can involve complex analysis and technical evidence, so you always want an attorney with experience representing medical malpractice victims.
Contact Our Ocala Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
At Meldon Law, our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping you in any way possible following your accident. We will evaluate your situation and determine whether you have a viable claim. We will work with insurance companies to obtain a settlement from them if at all possible. We will also seek compensation for you in court when needed to ensure you receive full financial recovery for your injuries.
If you have been injured, you want a law firm on your side with the experience and resources necessary to help you recover.
Please call our office at 800-373-8000 for a free consultation today.
“I have recently had the privilege of being represented by Jeffrey Meldon and his excellent staff following a serious injury. They pursued my case with genuine care and expertise and were extremely supportive during my recovery. I am very grateful to them for doing such a terrific job. I highly recommend Jeffrey Meldon Law.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
Founder of the Meldon Law FirmEmail Jeffrey Meldon