Gainesville Internal Injury Attorneys
Our Gainesville internal injury attorneys helps accident victims claim compensation for internal injuries that result from car accidents, boat wrecks, truck crashes, and more. Our skilled attorney can help you navigate the many issues you will face, including the long-term medical care required for your recovery, lost wages, and more.
Our Attorney Knows the Importance of Medical Care After an Accident
Internal injuries are often catastrophic. When an accident occurs, it can result in blood vessels and internal organs becoming damaged, punctured, or torn. All of these are internal injuries, but they do not always present symptoms right away. When internal injuries are left untreated, they can result in massive hemorrhaging, and even wrongful death.
Due to the seriousness of these injuries, and the fact that they can escalate and become life-threatening quite quickly, it is imperative that you seek medical attention after any accident. A physician will know the signs of internal bleeding, how to detect it, and will provide proper treatment so the injuries do not become any worse.
Our Attorney Handles Cases Involving Many Types of Internal Injuries
Accidents can cause many different types of internal injuries. The most common types of internal injuries that form the basis of personal injury claims include:
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding can occur in any part of the body in which blood vessels are torn or crushed.
- Liver damage: The liver is located in a very vulnerable part of the body, making it one of the most commonly injured organs during an accident.
- Kidney damage: Approximately ten percent of all accident victims that suffer from significant abdominal trauma suffer from kidney damage, commonly referred to as renal trauma.
- Punctured lungs: A lung may become punctured during the course of an accident, or a rib may break, which subsequently punctures the lung.
- Damage to the diaphragm: The diaphragm is a muscle that sits across the bottom of the rib cage and it plays an important role in the respiratory system. Approximately five percent of all accident cases that result in blunt trauma to the abdomen involve damage to the diaphragm.
Unfortunately, the above are just a few of the most common types of internal injuries accidents cause. Any time you suffer from such a serious injury, it is important to speak to an attorney that can help you claim damages to offset the financial burden they impose.
(Consultations are Free)
We are here for you 24/7
(Consultations are Free)Call Us Now
Our Attorney Explains the Serious Symptoms of Internal Injuries
While internal injuries will not always present symptoms right away, that is not always the case. Receiving proper medical treatment after any crash is important, but particularly if you experience the following symptoms of internal injuries:
- Extreme weakness, particularly on one side of the body
- Losing consciousness
- Problems with vision
- Low blood pressure
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe headaches
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
All of the above are very serious injuries that require immediate medical attention.
Call Our Gainesville Internal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Our knowledgeable Gainesville internal injuries attorney at Meldon Law is ready to aggressively pursue the maximum damages you need to recover from your serious injuries. Call us today at 800-373-8000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help with your case.