Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyer
Everywhere you turn in Fort Lauderdale, people are walking, riding bikes, playing on the water, or just out on the town having fun. All of this movement does not come without risk. People suffer injuries in South Florida every day—and in many cases, these accidents take place because of others’ negligence.
At Meldon Law, our Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys know of the many challenges that you face as an accident victim. Figuring out how to pay for unexpected medical bills or even your basic expenses is stress-inducing. We are here to help you obtain the compensation you deserve and handle all aspects of the legal process. We will fight for you like you’re family, and we won’t back down.
Call Meldon Law at (352) 373-8000 for a free case evaluation today.
How a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney Helps You
When the lawyers at Meldon Law wake up in the morning, they have one thing on their minds: serving injured people. Pursuing financial justice isn’t a job––it’s a calling, and everyone on our team is passionate about achieving top-dollar settlements for injured people.
If you were injured in an accident, whether it was due to an intentional act, negligence, or strict liability, you can seek compensation with our team’s help. Some of our practice areas in Broward County include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Wrongful death
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog Bite
You Can Expect Quality Representation From Our Attorneys
Our attorneys are a force to be reckoned with, inside and outside the courtroom. When we take your personal injury case, we won’t settle for a penny less than you deserve. We routinely fight insurance companies, defense lawyers, and other professionals without batting an eye. Nothing scares us––and with more than 50 years of legal experience, why should it?
With your case in our hands, we will:
- Investigate the accident
- Collect evidence to support your claim
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Assist you in filing your claim
- Negotiate a settlement with the liable insurance company
- Prepare for trial
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if a negotiated compensation settlement does not meet your needs
We are passionate about each client’s welfare. Even at the conclusion of your case, we’re here for your injury-related legal matters.
You Can Get Help at No Upfront Cost
Meldon Law operates on a contingency-fee basis. But what does this mean? Our clients don’t pay anything upfront to retain our legal services. We don’t charge our personal injury clients retainers or hourly rates. Payment for our help comes from the compensation we pursue on your behalf. That way, you don’t have to pay anything from your own savings to get an advocate.
When You Should Consider Hiring Our Personal Injury Lawyers
Many personal injury cases can get extremely complicated. As tempting as it may feel to forgo legal help, handling an injury case by yourself can quickly turn into an overwhelming ordeal. You may consider hiring Meldon Law if:
You Suffered Life-Altering Injuries
If you or a loved one suffered severe injuries in an accident, you need a settlement that accounts for your pain, suffering, and treatment costs. These conditions may include:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Broken bones
- Joint dislocation
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- The loss of a limb
- The loss of a sense (such as your vision)
- Cognitive impairments
Many insurance companies balk at the idea of paying for serious injuries. So, to limit its liability, the insurer may refute the cause of your condition or its effects on your life. That’s when you can turn to the team at Meldon Law.
Since our founding in 1971, we’ve gone head-to-head with countless insurance companies, to mom-and-pop agencies to the ones you see on TV. We know the tricks insurers use to devalue claimants’ losses––and most of all, we know how to combat these practices. Don’t let the insurer’s offer leave you with out-of-pocket expenses. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers can seek what you’re owed.
Your Case Involves Multiple Parties
Some cases involve more than one at-fault and liable party. Consider this scenario to understand more. You’re injured in a truck accident on I-95. The trucker fell asleep at the wheel because their employer imposed unreasonable delivery schedules.
Here, you could possibly hold the individual trucker and their employer responsible. Yet, this can involve dealing with multiple insurance companies and multiple lawyers. Rather than juggle communications with these entities alone, your lawyer can manage those obligations. They can hold each involved party accountable for their negligence.
The Insurance Company Has Denied Your Claim
Most personal injury cases get resolved through insurance settlements. Yet, the insurer may deny your claim, either out of bad faith or another reason. You have options in a situation like this. For instance, your personal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can evaluate the reason for your claim’s denial and respond accordingly.
Depending on the reason for the denial, your lawyer may:
- Resubmit certain documents
- Review the details of your accident
- Reevaluate the liable insurance policy
- Present additional forms of evidence
- Explore alternative avenues of seeking damages
If the insurance company refuses to budge, your lawyer may file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. In this instance, they can take depositions, present your case at trial, and fight for what you need.
You’re Unsure About How to Navigate the Claims Process
Insurance claims can get complicated, even if the cause of the accident seems straightforward. For that reason alone, you may consider hiring a lawyer. Insurance companies have no problem taking advantage of people who are unaware of their legal options. With an advocate on your side, you can breathe easy knowing that we’re navigating the claims process with your best interests in mind.
You don’t need a specific reason to hire a personal injury lawyer from Meldon Law. If you plain just don’t want to manage the claims process, we’re here to take those obligations off your hands.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in FL
The length of time you have to file a lawsuit after your injury depends on the applicable statute of limitations. Florida gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit for personal injury cases. There are extenuating circumstances that could give you more or less time to act.
Should negotiations with the insurance company come to an impasse, your lawyer may opt to file a lawsuit. Yet, there are other reasons to consider prompt legal action. For instance, evidence needs prompt collection to remain compelling. Eyewitnesses should give their testimonies while their memories are still fresh.
There is no cost or obligation to discuss your case with our personal injury lawyers. So, there is no risk in exploring your options with Meldon Law.
Recoverable Damages in Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Cases
For us, compensation is more than a dollar amount. It represents closing a challenging chapter in our clients’ lives. We pursue the full cost of your economic and non-economic damages, which may include:
- Medical bills. Compensation could include reimbursement for surgery, medications, treatment, hospitalization, and doctors’ visits.
- Lost income. You can include the cost of any income you lost as a result of your injuries. You can also seek compensation for lost tips, bonuses, and benefits.
- Loss of future earning capacity. If your injuries affect your earning power, we can seek damages for the loss of your earning power.
- Anything you spent out of pocket. You may have spent money out of pocket on some injury-related expenses, such as transportation expenses. We can include those losses in your claim or lawsuit.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering offers compensation for the discomfort, trauma, and inconvenience your injuries caused.
- Other non-economic damages. Non-economic damages don’t come with specific dollar values. We assess your situation to determine what you’re owed. Aside from pain and suffering, other compensable non-economic losses include scarring, disability, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Each personal injury case is different, and damages depend on many factors, including the extent of your injuries, the emotional suffering involved, and your expected recovery period.
You Can Feel Confident in Our Commitment to Your Case’s Success
We give your case the time and attention to detail it deserves. That way, we can present the strongest possible case and pursue every dollar you need––just as we’ve done for countless others for decades. In our years of service, we’ve achieved these outcomes:
- A semi-truck hit our client. We recovered $3 million after investigating the collision and presenting their case to the insurer.
- Our client was in a parking lot when a car hit her. She required lower back surgery and rehabilitation to regain her mobility. We secured $1.25 million for her losses.
- Our client was riding around with his grandson on a newly purchased three-wheel bicycle when a defective part severed the boy’s fingers. We secured $108, 300.
These are just a fraction of the cases we’ve resolved for clients in situations just like yours. You can trust that with our team on your side, we seek every dollar you need.
How You Can Support Your Case After an Accident in Fort Lauderdale
As you consider legal help, you may wonder what you can do now to bolster your case’s outcome. Some considerations include:
Getting Medical Attention
Two things about the importance of seeking medical care:
- You want to do everything possible to reach maximum medical improvement. Even waiting a few days to seek treatment could add months to your estimated recovery time.
- Medical documentation serves as the basis of your personal injury claim. Your x-rays, imaging scans, and lab test results can tie your condition to the accident.
What’s more, we can use your doctor’s testimony to validate certain aspects of your claim, including what types of treatment you required.
Refusing to Give the Insurer a Recorded Statement
If the liable insurer knows that you don’t have a lawyer, the claims adjuster may pressure you into giving a recorded statement. Here, they’ll ask some misleading questions that hope to get you to:
- Admit fault for the accident
- Downplay the severity of your condition
- Invalidate an aspect of your claim
When you hire a lawyer, they can give the insurer the required information.
Partaking in a Free Case Review
Meldon Law offers free case reviews where you can gain more insight into your legal options and the benefit of partnering with a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer. During your initial consultation, we can discuss:
- Your case’s possible outcome
- What damages you could seek
- Our practice areas and commitment to client success
- Your next steps
There is no obligation to partner with us. This is your opportunity to get answers to some of your most pressing questions.
We’re More Than Lawyers; We’re Proud Community Members
At Meldon Law, we’re the fabric of the communities in which we serve. When we’re not serving injured people, we’re:
- Representing the Florida Gators. As the only official law firm of the Florida Gators, we extend our insights to the University of Florida students by representing them in Conduct and Conflict Resolution hearings. We also guide students to help them avoid negative encounters with the law during their time in college.
- Spearheading initiatives. We spring into action when our community needs us. Whether it’s giving talks at public schools or donating to charity, we give back in any way we can.
- Publishing educational media. We spend a lot of time educating our community about their legal rights. We accomplish this through podcasts, blogs, TV talk shows, consumer guides, and books.
Start Your Free Consultation With Our Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Accidents and injuries can take place when you least expect them––changing your life. Our firm handles a wide range of personal injury cases and will guide you through every step of the legal process. Start your free consultation with Meldon Law by dialing (352) 373-8000.