What Are Some Ways That Head-on Collisions Can Be Prevented in Gainesville and Ocala?
As an accident attorney for the Gainesville and Ocala area and it’s surrounding rural communities, I can say that this is a very important question and topic, as head-on collisions are very serious and can often cause fatalities and serious injury. In addition, head-on crashes occur more commonly on rural roads.
Most of the basic prevention suggestions listed below apply equally to a driver wanting to avoid causing a head-on crash and also to the driver wanting to avoid being a victim of another person’s mistake. Here are some of the main things that you can do to prevent being in a head-on crash:
- Pay attention to the road and do not drive distracted with cell phones or other driver distractions
- Do not drive under the influence
- Pay extra attention in construction zones
- Wear necessary prescription eye glasses
- Do not drive when emotionally upset, fatigued or tired
- Obey directional road signs
- Obey the speed limits
- Know when and where is the proper time and place to pass another vehicle on a 2 lane road; know the rules for passing another vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle properly maintained at all times including proper care of your tires
For more information about Head-on collisions see, Head-on collisions are one of the most dangerous type of crashes; here is why.
I am local accident attorney Jeffrey Meldon and I strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of and/or recovery from a serious accident. My office and I take pride in our work, and the results we get for our clients.
Meldon Law is a regional law firm that is located in Gainesville, Florida. We are personal injury attorneys, litigators and trial attorneys that have been working to get accident victims the justice they deserve for over 40 years throughout North Florida and all over Florida. Accidents involving a car crash, truck wreck, motorcycle, ATVs, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, and dog bites, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and criminal defense are all included in our practice.
For more information on how we can help you, or with any other question you may have, feel free to contact our office at 800-373-8000.