Summerfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
It’s easy to see why so many people love to ride in Florida. With hundreds of days of sunshine per year, Summerfield is a great place to live and visit for year-round motorcycle riding. However, along with our beautiful scenery, there are also risks. Florida ranks fourth in the United States for motorcycle accident deaths, according to a study by QuoteWizard—and many of these accidents were caused by driver negligence.
Between the congested streets, the wandering tourists, and drivers who may have had too much to drink, there are many ways for motorcycle riders to end up injured here through no fault of their own. Too often, drivers do not take the rights of motorcyclists into consideration, and the result can be tragic and life-changing injuries.
Our Summerfield motorcycle accident lawyers can protect your right to compensation if you have been injured by someone’s carelessness. At Meldon Law, we understand that during this difficult time, you are likely facing medical bills and the temporary or permanent loss of your freedom to ride. Let us help you get on the road to recovery with the compensation you need to go forward. Call us today to get started: (352) 373-8000.
Can You File a Claim for a Motorcycle Accident in Summerfield, FL?
Florida empowers injured motorcyclists to recover compensation when drivers’ negligence causes collisions through unsafe turns, distraction, tailgating, etc. By substantiating reckless behaviors that breach the duty of care drivers and other people who share the road have toward motorcycle riders, a Summerfield personal injury lawyer can prove your right to compensation.
You may have a valid claim for compensation after a motorcycle accident in Summerfield if your case meets the following conditions:
- You can prove the other party owed you a duty of care.
- You can prove that they violated this duty of care, leading to your injuries.
- Your injuries resulted in damages like medical bills, lost work, and other expenses.
We use evidence like photos, videos, medical records, police reports, and, when necessary, expert testimony, to prove liability in motorcycle accidents and to prove the amount of your damages.
How Much Compensation Do You Get for a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle wrecks often inflict extensive injuries that warrant substantial compensation. The amount of compensation you can get for a motorcycle accident claim in Summerfield will depend on several factors that are unique to each crash, such as the cost of your medical bills, how much work you missed, and how much medical care you will need in the future.
Our team will fight for complete recovery for all economic impacts, plus fair compensation for the permanent lifestyle changes you may be facing.
At Meldon Law, we work hard to secure what you rightly deserve. In one case, we were able to recover $1,450,000 for a woman who was hit while riding her motorcycle, resulting in her leg being amputated below the knee. How much is your Summerfield motorcycle accident claim worth? Get a claim valuation with our lawyers and find out.
Damages You Can Claim in a Summerfield Motorcycle Accident Case
If you or a loved one was injured in a Florida motorcycle accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence, common damages you can claim in a personal injury case may include:
- Past and future medical expenses: All costs for treatment, surgeries, physical therapy, etc. related to crash injuries
- Lost income: Salary lost due to missing work for recovery and doctor/therapy visits
- Loss of future earning capacity: If you are unable to resume your occupation due to permanent disabilities resulting from injuries
- Motorcycle repair or replacement: Property damage costs to fix or replace your damaged motorcycle
- Pain and suffering: Financial compensation both for physical discomfort and emotional trauma stemming from injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Damages accounting for impaired participation in recreational activities, hobbies, or experiences you enjoyed pre-crash
- Wrongful death damages: Loss of companionship, loss of financial support, and pain and suffering
Our motorcycle accident lawyers thoroughly document the wide-ranging damages unique to your wreck to pursue every dollar you deserve.
Can You File a Claim if You Were Partly Responsible for a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
Even if you shared fault in the motorcycle accident, Florida’s modified comparative fault laws allow reduced payouts to partly-responsible victims. Lawyers can fight for every dollar you deserve, protecting you from allegations of fault that are meant to lower your recovery. Protect yourself by having a lawyer by your side to advocate for you.
When there is shared responsibility in a motorcycle wreck, any settlement amount is reduced in proportion to the biker’s allocated percentage of fault. For example, if the biker was deemed 20% liable, their final award decreases by 20%.
Bikers are only completely barred from compensation if they’re allocated 51% or more fault. It’s complex to prove precise degrees of liability, but our Summerfield motorcycle attorneys know how to advocate for minimal rider fault allocation whenever possible.
Florida’s Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Statute of Limitations
Navigating Florida’s justice system can be exhausting and confusing for victims of accidents who are already overwhelmed. The state’s newly imposed two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits does not make the claims process any easier. Until 2023, victims had four years to file a claim. Now, you need to act faster if you want to protect your rights.
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, in most cases, you have two years from the date of a motorcycle accident to file a lawsuit. However, there are certain exceptions.
Changes to our state’s laws shouldn’t strip victims’ basic rights. When they do, it becomes even more important to consult a Summerfield motorcycle accident attorney.
We are here for you 24/7
(Consultations are Free)Call Us Now
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Summerfield, Florida?
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a Summerfield, FL motorcycle crash, here are the most important steps to take:
- Seek medical attention: If you feel any discomfort, see a doctor to document injuries before symptoms worsen. Adrenaline can mask symptoms of serious conditions like internal bleeding.
- Report the accident: Alert police to create an official report detailing important facts about all parties and vehicles involved, factors that led to the crash, determination of fault, and any citations issued.
- Document the scene: Take photos capturing damage, skid marks, debris, road hazards or conditions, and any other relevant accident evidence.
- Get witness info: Record names and contact information for anyone who saw the collision firsthand. Their accounts help prove fault.
- Contact an attorney: Call a Florida motorcycle accident lawyer to discuss representing your legal case for damages against negligent drivers and getting the compensation you deserve.
- Save related documentation: Keep copies of all accident details, medical reports, insurance policies, traffic citations, vehicle repair invoices, and other important documentation related to the motorcycle crash.
- Avoid social media posts: Do not publish information regarding the accident publicly before speaking with us, as this can negatively impact your injury claim.
Why You Want a Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney on Your Side
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Summerfield from our firm has in-depth knowledge and experience handling these cases, which tend to be more complex than standard auto accidents. Our lawyers level the playing field when you are going up against powerful insurance companies who are determined to hold onto their profits, even if it violates your rights.
Motorcyclists often battle more aggressive disputes from auto insurers over liability and damages. Attorneys have leverage to overcome denial tactics targeting riders.
A lawyer with experience in Florida motorcycle accident claims will understand how to factor lifetime costs like medical care plus loss of future income reduced by disabilities that may be overlooked without lawyer insight. Our team handles these cases with no upfront costs, so you only need to focus on your recovery, not how you’ll afford our help.
Get a Free Consultation With a Summerfield, FL Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a Florida motorcycle collision, contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Summerfield for a free, no-obligation case assessment. During a consultation, here’s how we start helping:
- Listen to your story and review any evidence related to the accident
- Assess potential liability and negligence of all involved parties
- Explain your legal rights and options under Florida personal injury law
- Provide guidance on next steps to preserve your ability to recover damages
- Answer any questions you have about the claims process
- Discuss representation if you choose to hire us to handle your injury claim
Don’t go it alone against aggressive insurance companies—level the playing field with our legal help. Schedule a free session to discuss your potential motorcycle accident case and learn more about your options: (352) 373-8000. Our goal is the compensation you deserve so you can move forward.