Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers in Ocala Florida
If law enforcement suspects you were driving your car while intoxicated in the Ocala area, you may likely find yourself under arrest and soon after, facing charges of driving under the influence (DUI). While this situation may be stressful or even frightening, it is important to remember that being charged with DUI does not mean that you have been convicted of the offense. There are many actions you can take to help avoid a conviction and to minimize the penalties you face, however swift action is necessary.
The Ocala personal injury lawyers at Meldon Law are ready to help clients facing accusations of driving under the influence in and around Ocala, and Marion County. Do not delay calling to learn more about how we can assist you following an arrest.
Always Take DUI Charges Seriously
Too many people facing DUI charges fail to take their situation seriously. Maybe you think a DUI is not a big deal because it seems like a common charge or because you may equate it with other traffic violations, such as a speeding ticket. However, it is critical to recognize that a DUI case can seriously impact your life and it is necessary to take immediate actions regarding your case.
The following are only some of the consequences that can come with a DUI conviction in Florida:
- A conviction can mean costly fines and even time spent in jail.
- Your license will be suspended, which can put your job, school, and even personal relationships in jeopardy.
- A DUI is a criminal offense and a conviction will remain on your permanent record. This can affect your future educational, professional, and military opportunities, as well as potentially where you can live.
- Your insurance companies will view you as a “high risk” driver and will raise your rates substantially, sometimes by thousands of dollars for several years.
How an Ocala DUI Defense Lawyer Can Help You
Because of the very serious potential consequences of a DUI conviction in Ocala, you should always seek help from a skilled DUI defense lawyer as soon as you can. You may believe that your case is hopeless and that you will be found guilty – especially if a breath or blood test showed that you had a blood alcohol content (BAC) over the legal limit of 0.08 percent. This is not true, however, as there are many ways that a DUI defense attorney can help you to reduce or eliminate the penalties in your case. The following are only some examples of how our dedicated defense team can assist you:
- Identifying whether your traffic stop or arrest were unlawful and in violation of your constitutional rights.
- Examining how any field sobriety tests were administered to identify errors by police.
- Challenge any observations or recollections of the police officer.
- Present another explanation for the signs of intoxication (such as illness or fatigue).
- Identify if the forensic lab made any errors that would result in inaccurate results.
- Negotiate with the prosecutor to try to have your charges dropped or to agree to a plea bargain that involves reduced charges or a less harsh sentence.
- Represent you at trial to fight wrongful charges.
Even if you do plead guilty, an attorney can help to significantly lessen your penalties, as a reduced conviction may not affect your life in the same ways that a DUI conviction might.
Why Choose Meldon Law?
The attorneys at Meldon Law know that you have many different options when it comes to hiring an attorney to defend against your DUI charges. For this reason, we always strive to stand out from the rest by providing the highest quality of defense representation possible. It is important to realize that not every criminal defense lawyer is familiar with DUI defense, so you should always seek assistance from a lawyer who has specific experience handling DUI cases. Our team of attorneys have six decades of combined experience defending against DUI charges in and around Ocala and you can count on us to dedicate all necessary resources to helping you.
The following are only some of the many reasons why you should consult with our firm regarding your DUI case:
- We have extensive criminal and DUI defense experience in Ocala and neighboring areas.
- Other attorneys trust us and refer their clients to our office if they need DUI defense.
- We stay apprised of all new developments in DUI law and defense strategies.
- Our team works with a network of DUI defense lawyers throughout Florida to improve upon our defense tactics and strategies.
- We have provided advice to other DUI defense lawyers throughout the state.
- Our lawyers not only have experience handling DUI cases in court, but also Formal Review Hearings with the DMV.
- We wrote a Marion County DUI Guide Book called Ways to Possibly Avoid A DUI Charge or Conviction. (Please request a copy for free today to learn more about the DUI process, charges, defenses, and more.)
- Our office provides financing options.
- We accept referrals from other attorneys.
- We always take pride in doing the best work possible for you.
Contact Our Ocala DUI Defense Lawyers as Soon as Possible
Timing is important in any DUI case. The sooner you call our office, the sooner we can begin building an effective defense strategy for your case. We will immediately begin looking into the circumstances of your arrest to identify any possible violations of your rights or other important legal defenses that can help in your case. We will also assist you with any DMV hearings to minimize the effect of your DUI arrest on your driver’s license as much as possible.
If you are facing DUI charges, you want to best possible defense to minimize the consequences you face and the effects on your life.
Please do not wait to call the highly experienced DUI defense team at Meldon Law today at 800-373-8000 for a free consultation.
“I highly recommend this firm to anyone looking for top notch legal representation.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
Founder of the Meldon Law FirmEmail Jeffrey Meldon