Thank you for taking the time to find out more about me. I am currently a partner with the Meldon Law. Before joining the Meldon law firm in 2009, I practiced law in Daytona Beach with the State’s Attorney Office for almost four years. During my employment as an Assistant State Attorney, I personally handled thousands of criminal cases ranging from misdemeanor DUIs to capital felonies. In 2008, the 7th Judicial Circuit State’s Attorney’s Office promoted me to the Special Prosecution Unit.
I was born and raised in Gainesville and attended the College of William and Mary where I played on the Varsity Tennis Team and focused my education on the subjects of History and Economics. I later studied law at Stetson’s College of Law.
One of my life highlights was having my grandfather, Stetson Law Alum Maurice Wagner, present me with my diploma in 2005. My grandfather started practicing in Miami Beach in the early 1950s and was a true trailblazer in the field of personal injury law. Maurice dedicated his life to fighting for justice and was awarded one of the highest distinctions by the Florida Supreme Court, the Tobias Simon award. In 2017, I returned to our family’s roots in South Florida where Maurice began his trial practice 80 years ago.
Now I run the Meldon Law firm with my father, the legendary Jeffrey Meldon. We have a full-service firm with 5 lawyers and over 20 staff spread out through three Florida locations. Jeffrey and I take the time to know our clients individually as it’s our honor to serve them.
I enjoy spending time with friends, both old and new. The most enjoyable aspect of my career are the long lasting relationships that have developed with many of my clients.
My interest is in trial practice involving personal injury cases.
- College of William and Mary
- Stetson’s College of Law
- Graduate of the National DUI College Program, presented at Harvard University Law School, July 2015.
- Member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Member of Florida Traffic Court Rules Committee
- Member of the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Member of Florida Justice Association (FJA)
- Member of Broward County Bar Association
- Member of Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Past President of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL) for the Eighth Judicial Circuit
- Member of the Association of American Justice (AAJ)
- Member of the Broward County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Florida State Bar (#18494)
- Member, James C. Adkins, American Inns of Court
- Admitted, Northern District of Florida Federal Court – January 2016
- Member of the 7th Circuit State Attorney’s special crimes prosecution unit, giving me extensive courtroom experience.
- Lorman Seminar Lecturer, “Florida DUI Update,” July 29, 2010.
- Rossdale Group Webinar Lecturer, “Criminal Law & DUI,” August 11, 2010
- Basic Criminal Practice Lecturer “Defending DUIs”, April 26, 2013
- Basic Criminal Law Lecturer “Defending DUI Cases”- October 31, 2014
- Masters of DUI Lecturer “Case Law Update”- March 27, 2015
- FACDL Blood Breath & Tears XXII Lecturer, September 18, 2015.
- Local Chapter President of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2013
- Seven Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case; A Consumer Guide for Accident Victims in Florida
- Buying Florida Auto Insurance; A 3-Step Approach to Purchasing Adequate Auto Insurance at Competitive Pricing
- Navigating Your DUI in South Florida; A DUI Guide for South Florida – Click HERE.
Please see the Library section of the site for all my educational articles.