Thank you for taking the time to find out more about me. I am currently a partner with the Meldon Law. Before joining the firm in 2009, I practiced law in Daytona Beach with the State’s Attorney Office for almost four years. During my employment as an Assistant State Attorney, I personally handled thousands of criminal cases ranging from misdemeanor DUIs to capital felonies. In 2008, the 7th Judicial Circuit State’s Attorney’s Office promoted me to the Special Prosecution Unit where I handled high profile sex crime cases, including sexual battery, child pornography, and molestation investigations.
I was born and raised in Gainesville and attended the College of William and Mary where I played on the Varsity Tennis Team and focused my education on the subjects of History and Economics. I later studied law at Stetson’s College of Law. One of my life highlights was having my grandfather, Stetson Law Alum Maurice Wagner, present me with my diploma. After many years, I have returned to my hometown to work with my father, Jeffrey Meldon. I enjoy spending time with friends, both old and new. The most enjoyable aspect of my career is the long-lasting relationships that have developed with many of my clients.
My interest is in trial practice involving criminal defense and personal injury cases. The main focus of my current practice is defending drivers who have been accused of DUI in Central Florida.
- College of William and Mary
- Stetson’s College of Law
- Graduate of the National DUI College Program, presented at Harvard University Law School, July 2015.
- Assistant State Attorney for 4 years
- Admitted, Northern District of Florida Federal Court – January 2016
- Member of the 7th Circuit State Attorney’s special crimes prosecution unit, giving me extensive courtroom experience.
- Member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member, James C. Adkins, American Inns of Court
- Florida Bar Traffic Court Rules Committee member, 2010 to present.
- FJA Eagle Member, 2016
- Community Partner of the Year, Pledge 5 foundation, 2012
Lectures and Chairmanships
- Lorman Seminar Lecturer, “Florida DUI Update,” July 29, 2010.
- Rossdale Group Webinar Lecturer, “Criminal Law & DUI,” August 11, 2010
- Basic Criminal Practice Lecturer “Defending DUIs”, April 26, 2013
- Basic Criminal Law Lecturer “Defending DUI Cases”- October 31, 2014
- Masters of DUI Lecturer “Case Law Update”- March 27, 2015
- FACDL Blood Breath & Tears XXII Lecturer, September 18, 2015.
- Local Chapter President of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2013
- Seven Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case; A Consumer Guide for Accident Victims in Florida
- Buying Florida Auto Insurance; A 3-Step Approach to Purchasing Adequate Auto Insurance at Competitive Pricing
- Navigating Your DUI in South Florida; A DUI Guide for South Florida – Click HERE.
Please see the Library section of the site for all my educational articles.