Marion County Criminal Defense Attorneys
Facing criminal charges in Florida can be an extremely anxiety-inducing experience, regardless of whether you are facing a first-time offense or have previously been accused of an offense. No matter what the circumstances might be in your case, it is essential to have an experienced Marion County criminal defense attorney evaluate your circumstances and assist you in planning a strong defense strategy. Criminal convictions in Florida have very serious consequences, from jail time and monetary fines associated with criminal sentencing for misdemeanors and felonies to the repercussions that can persist after you have completed the terms of a sentence. At Meldon Law, we are committed to providing personalized and tailored representation to every client we serve, and we can assess your case for you today.
Common Types of Criminal Defense Matters Our Marion County Attorneys Handle
You deserve to have an experienced and aggressive criminal defense attorney on your side who is fighting for an acquittal. At Meldon Law, our dedicated Marion County criminal defense lawyers represent clients in many kinds of cases, such as:
- Intoxicated driving arrests, including first-time DUIs, felony DUIs, and driver’s license suspension cases;
- Violent crimes, including domestic violence, assaults, and weapons or firearms offenses;
- Drug crimes, such as possession of controlled substances or trafficking;
- Theft-related offenses, such as embezzlement, robbery, or larceny;
- Federal white-collar offenses, such as mail fraud or wire fraud;
- Federal computer offenses, which may include certain internet sex crimes; and
- Sex offenses under Florida law, including forcible sexual battery or lewd and lascivious behavior.
Our firm also assists clients who want to have their criminal records sealed or expunged, and we can discuss those processes with you.
Sentencing in Marion County for a Criminal Conviction
Understanding the penalties for various kinds of criminal convictions under Florida state law can help you to recognize the need to avoid a conviction. The following are criminal penalties under Florida law:
- Misdemeanor offenses can result in up to 1 year in jail and monetary fines of up to $1,000;
- Felony offenses (from third-degree to first-degree felonies) can range from 5 to 30 years in prison and fines of up to $5,000 to $15,000; and
- Life felony and capital felonies can result in life imprisonment or a death sentence, respectively.
Penalties for federal convictions tend to be even more severe than those involved in sentences under state law, and often include decades in prison and monetary fines of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Contact Our Marion County Criminal Defense Attorneys for More Information
When you have been arrested in Marion County, or if you have already been charged with a criminal offense, it is critical to get in touch with our criminal defense attorneys in Marion County for assistance. Developing a successful defense strategy can be extremely complicated, and it is essential to have an advocate on your side during this difficult process. At Meldon Law, we fight tirelessly for our clients and can discuss your case with you today. We believe that every person is entitled to a strong defense, and our firm is here to assist you. Contact Meldon Law for more information about the criminal defense services we provide in Florida.