Lake City Head-On Collision Attorneys
Any car accident is traumatic for the drivers and passengers involved, but head-on collisions are some of the most serious crashes in Lake City. A head-on collision is defined as any time the front of a vehicle smashes into the front of another vehicle heading in the opposite direction. Head-on collisions are often fatal for those involved and even when a person survives the crash, they will likely suffer from injuries that have long-lasting impacts. If you or someone you love has been hurt, our Lake City head-on collision attorney can help you claim the full damages that are critical to your recovery.
How Can a Lake City Head-On Collision Lawyer Help?
You are not required to work with an attorney when filing a claim after a head-on collision, but doing so will help you recover the full damages you are entitled to. All car accident claims present their own challenges, but those involving a head-on collision are particularly complex. A lawyer can help you overcome these challenges by:
- Obtaining the police report, which may establish another party’s carelessness
- Collecting video surveillance footage from red light cameras and businesses nearby
- Gathering medical records that establish the nature and severity of your injuries
- Examining the damage to the vehicles to determine how the crash happened
- Reaching out to their network of specialists, such as accident reconstruction experts, that can help determine how the crash occurred
- Filing your claim properly and on time with the appropriate insurance company or court
- Negotiating on your behalf to recover the maximum compensation for you
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
Working with a skilled attorney will prove to be very helpful after an accident and the above are just a few ways in which a lawyer can help.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
There are many careless or wrongful acts that can result in a head-on collision, but there are some causes of these crashes that are more common than others. These include:
- Drunk driving: Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs is extremely reckless behavior. Impaired motorists often have slow reaction times, poor judgment, and may experience perception issues. Any of these issues can result in a head-on collision.
- Fatigued driving: Drowsy driving is so dangerous, it has been compared to drunk driving. Fatigued motorists may have trouble concentrating on the road in front of them, and they may even fall asleep and travel into a lane of oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision.
- Distracted driving: Any time a driver is not focused on the road, or takes their hands off the wheel, they are distracted. They may not see another vehicle on the road and crash into them head-on.
- Bad weather conditions: High winds and heavy rain can all cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, resulting in a head-on collision.
It is crucial to determine how a head-on collision occurred, so you know who to hold liable for damages.
Our Lake City Head-On Collisions Attorney Can Help
At Meldon Law, our Lake City head-on collisions attorney knows how dangerous these conditions are, and is dedicated to helping accident victims claim the damages they deserve. Call us today at 800-373-8000 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review with our skilled attorney.