Gainesville Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the worst types of injuries a person could sustain in an accident. The effects of a TBI are long-lasting, and the lives of accident victims are often changed forever. Traumatic brain injuries are often caused by the negligent acts of another person and when that is the case, victims can file a claim against liable parties. Claiming compensation for a TBI though, is not easy. A Gainesville traumatic brain injury attorney can help you determine who is to blame for your injury, and will hold them accountable for paying full damages.
How a Attorney Can Help with a Traumatic Brain Injury After an Accident
You are not required to work with an attorney when filing a claim for compensation after suffering a traumatic brain injury. However, the process is a complicated one and even the smallest mistake could place your claim in jeopardy. A attorney will know the steps to take when filing your claim, and will give you the best chance of claiming the fair compensation you need. When working on your claim, a attorney will:
- Investigate the accident and collect evidence to prove your claim,
- Accurately value your claim so you recover the full damages that will cover the cost of your TBI
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Reach out to their network of experts that can help prove your claim
- Determine which insurance company is liable for paying damages, and negotiate with them for a fair settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
The above steps are very difficult to take on your own after an accident, particularly when you are suffering from a TBI. A attorney will know the process and steps required so your claim has the best chance of success.
Our Attorney Knows the Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
TBIs are often difficult to detect because symptoms are often hidden for days, and sometimes even weeks, following an accident. Some of the most common symptoms associated with traumatic brain injuries include:
- Loss of consciousness, even if just for a few seconds
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
- Issues with speech
- Changes in sleeping patterns, such as not being able to sleep or sleeping much longer than usual
- Loss of balance
- Sensory issues such as blurry vision or a bad taste in the mouth
- Issues concentrating
- Memory problems
Due to the fact that symptoms of a TBI are not always present immediately, it is critical that you see a doctor as soon as possible after any accident. A doctor will conduct an examination, identify the injury, and start providing treatment. Visiting a doctor will also provide the medical documentation that is critical to your claim.
Our Gainesville Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Can Help with Your Case
At Meldon Law, our Gainesville traumatic brain injury attorney understands what a difficult time this is for you and your family. As you focus on your recovery or caring for a loved one, our seasoned attorney will build a strong case and ensure your claim is filed properly so you recover the maximum damages you deserve. Call us today at 800-373-8000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.