Gainesville Head-On Collision Attorneys
Any accident has the potential to be very serious for those involved, but head-on collisions are some of the most severe crashes in Gainesville. A head-on collision occurs when one vehicle hits another that is traveling in the opposite direction, crashing right into the hood of the car. Head-on collisions often result in fatalities and even when a person survives this type of crash, they sustain some of the worst injuries. If you have been injured in an accident involving a negligent driver, or you have lost someone you love, our Gainesville head-on collision attorney can help you claim the compensation you may be entitled to.
Our Attorney Can Determine Why a Crash Occurred
Head-on collisions are a traumatic event and so, it is easy to assume that they are rare occurrences. Unfortunately, they are not. Any number of negligent actions can result in a head-on collision on the road, but the most common are as follows:
- Impaired driving: Drivers that are under the influence of drugs or alcohol have slower reaction times, perception issues, and they exhibit poor judgment, which can all result in a head-on collision.
- Distracted driving: Any time a driver takes their eyes off the road or their hands off the wheel, they can easily drift into another lane of traffic, causing a head-on collision.
- Fatigued driving: Drowsy driving poses such a risk it has been likened to impaired driving. Motorists that are extremely fatigued may not be able to place their full concentration on the road, or they may fall asleep behind the wheel, traveling into another lane when they do.
- Unsafe weather conditions: Heavy rain and high winds are not uncommon in Gainesville, and they can cause a head-on collision if the driver loses control of their vehicle.
Unfortunately, the above are just a few of the most common causes of head-on collisions. A attorney will determine who was to blame for your crash, so you can claim the full damages you deserve.
How a Attorney Can Help After a Head-On Collision
The aftermath of any traffic accident has the potential to become complicated, but dealing with a head-on collision is particularly challenging. A Gainesville head-on collisions attorney can help you make sense of the days and months following your crash in a number of ways, including:
- Collect the police report, which may indicate the other driver’s negligence
- Obtain video surveillance footage from businesses nearby and red light cameras
- Collect medical documentation that proves the nature and extent of your injuries
- Examine the damage to every vehicle involved to help determine fault
- File your claim properly and in a timely manner with the court or insurance company
- Negotiate on your behalf to recover full damages
The above are just a few reasons why a attorney is an invaluable resource after an accident as serious as a head-on collision.
Call Our Gainesville Head-On Collision Attorneys Today
Head-on collisions are very serious traffic accidents, and you should not deal with filing a claim on your own. At Meldon Law, our Gainesville head-on collisions attorney will advise on your options for recovering compensation and help you claim the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at 800-373-8000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.