Gainesville Car Accident Lawyer
Nobody expects to get into an accident. Yet, collisions throughout the state happen daily, leaving injured people to wonder what legal options they have. You may find yourself in a similar situation, anxious about recovering compensation for your losses. In a time like this, you have more than options. You have Meldon Law.
Our firm is deeply committed to our friends and neighbors in Alachua County. Fighting for injured claimants is more than a job; it’s a calling. We give back by fighting for those in need. We’ll protect your best interests every step of the way and explain your options, so you never feel lost or confused.
Call (352) 373-8000 to connect with a Gainesville car accident lawyer from our team today.
Types of Car Accident Cases Our Firm Handles in Gainesville
Our attorneys have more than 50 years of experience representing car accident claimants in Gainesville. We manage cases involving:
- Bicycle accidents
- Burn injuries
- Bus accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Dangerous road accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Broken bones & fractures
- Head-on collisions
- Hit & runs
- Internal injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Rideshare accidents
- Rollover crashes
- Scooter accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Taxi accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Truck accidents
- Uninsured driver accidents
- Wrongful death
Don’t see your specific situation listed above? Don’t fret. Our team wants to learn your story––even if you’re unsure whether you have a case. That way, we can explain your legal options and eliminate any uncertainty.
You Deserve a Car Accident Lawyer Who’s on Your Side
Selecting a car accident firm in Gainesville, Florida, can get confusing. While you may have many options, there’s no firm quite like Meldon Law. When you partner with us, you get more than a lawyer. You get a trusted friend, ally, and advocate. We treat each of our clients like family, and we aim to make you comfortable throughout the claims process.
Meldon Law truly cares. We’ve built our firm based on:
- Compassion. This is one of the most challenging times of your life, and you need someone to lean on. That’s why we prioritize compassion above all else. We treat you like a human being and not another case number.
- Accountability. When you partner with us, we take full accountability for the path your case takes. We take your claim or lawsuit’s outcome just as seriously as you do.
- Reliability. With Meldon Law, you can rest easy knowing that you can rely on us for help with your legal matters. We pride ourselves on prompt response times, answers to your questions, and peace of mind when you need it most.
- Excellence. Many car accident firms have come and gone in Gainesville over the years. Yet, Meldon Law remains. That’s because we consistently secure settlements for car accident claimants like you. The community trusts us because of our straightforward approach and reliable service.
- Success. Last, but definitely not least, we succeed. We have recovered millions for our clients and their families over the years.
We Consistently Secure Positive Outcomes for Car Accident Claimants
These victories illustrate our commitment to our injured neighbors:
- $1.5 million for a T-bone collision: We obtained $1,500,000 for our client after they suffered severe injuries in a T-bone accident.
- $1.25 million for a pedestrian hit by a car: We recovered $1,250,000 for a pedestrian who required lower back surgery and a spinal stimulator implant after she was hit by a car.
- $500,000 for a head-on car crash: In this case, our client was injured by another driver who hit them head on with a high-performance sports car. During our pursuit of compensation, we worked alongside a crash expert who determined that the at-fault driver failed to use his vehicle’s Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), causing the collision.
- $500,000 T-bone car crash settlement: This client suffered severe back injuries after a T-bone car crash. We settled for $500,000 – no lawsuit required.
- $110,000 settlement for a motorcycle accident: Our client was riding their motorcycle at night when they collided with a parked semi-truck. Our investigative process revealed that the truck was parked illegally, allowing us to acquire a $110,000 settlement from the trucking company’s insurer.
What You Can Expect From Our Car Accident Lawyers in Gainesville
We know how stressful an accident can be and will stand with you every step of the way. Our car accident lawyers are ready to support you by:
- Outlining your next steps
- Advising you on what you should or shouldn’t say to insurers
- Explaining the legal process in terms you can understand
- Tailoring our legal strategy to your unique case
- Negotiating with insurers
- Gathering evidence and building your case
- Filing a lawsuit if needed
- Protecting your rights inside and outside of the courtroom
- Always putting your best interests first
Meldon Law charges nothing upfront or out of pocket for our help. We work on contingency. You don’t pay a dollar until your case reaches a fair outcome.
You Could Recover These Damages After Your Alachua County Accident
How much you can recover after a collision depends on your situation. Our lawyers secure compensation that accounts for your specific situation, not another person’s. We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all settlement values. You need damages that account for your situation, which may include:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses, including the cost of long-term healthcare
- Accessibility devices, such as wheelchairs and lifts
- Lost income, tips, and other income streams
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages, such as disability
Our team uses your case-related receipts and invoices to calculate your losses. We also consider these factors:
- The types of insurance policies involved in your accident (several different parties may share liability for your injuries)
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of treating your injuries
- Anything you paid out of pocket
We have the knowledge and experience required to assess the total value of your losses. You don’t have to do any guesswork when it comes to pursuing compensation. If you require one after an incident, you can get in touch with us at (352) 373-8000.
Our Satisfied Clients Share Their Experiences Working With Us
The feedback we get from our clients means the world to us. Some have shared:
- “I highly recommend Meldon Law. Not only did they do great with my case but they educated me along the way so I can protect myself and my family better if we were to ever get in an accident again. The Ocala Office was very nice and professional. They made me feel like we were more than clients, but we are friends. Thank You!” – Jessica M.
- “When you get yourself in some trouble, you get a lot of mail… MELDON LAW was the best package and most informative. So, I gave them a call. Mr. Demmery and Alexandra were the best! Always got back to me promptly and always kept me informed about what was happening with my case and any questions I had. Very upfront with fees and got the best outcome I could ever ask for!! Highly recommend!!!” – Carolyn G.
You May Have These Questions Following Your Gainesville Traffic Accident
We can address your case-specific concerns during your free case evaluation. For some general answers to some general questions, however, see below:
What Happens if I Was Hit by a Driver Who Doesn’t Have Insurance?
You still have financial recovery options if the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance. For instance, your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage will cover a portion of your medical bills and lost income. Additionally, we can review your insurance policy to see if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist protection coverage. You could have this coverage without knowing.
The Costs of My Injuries Exceed My PIP Policy’s Limits. What Can I Do?
If your PIP policy doesn’t cover all of your accident-related expenses, you have two options:
- File a claim with the responsible party’s insurer: If the responsible party carries liability insurance, we can file a claim with their insurer. Liability insurance policies cover the injured party’s losses in a collision.
- File a lawsuit: If insurance negotiations fail, or if we determine this is the best option, we can sue the responsible party. Our team can manage your case’s legal proceedings, from depositions to closing arguments.
I Might Have Contributed to My Accident. Can I Still Seek Damages?
Yes; however, there are limitations. With the passage of HB 837, Florida is now a modified comparative negligence state. This means you can recover damages as long as you’re not more than 50 percent responsible for the collision. Additionally, if you were partially at fault, how much you can recover decreases with your proportion of fault.
For instance, if your damages cost $100,000, and you were 25 percent responsible for what occurred, you could recover $75,000. Our lawyers fight for everything you need. We also protect you from any unfair allegations that aim to downplay your damages.
The Liable Insurer Offered Me a Low Settlement. What Should I Do?
It is a common tactic of insurance companies to offer a quick, lowball settlement that doesn’t reflect the full extent of the victim’s damages, including costs of ongoing medical care, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and pain and suffering. They bank on the theory that the injured party will prefer a quick payout and fail to realize the actual costs of their damages until they’ve signed a waiver of liability.
With us by your side, you don’t need to stand for lowball offers. We can use our decades of experience dealing with insurance companies to determine whether an offer is fair and fight back if it isn’t.
The Insurance Carrier Denied My Claim. Do I Have Options?
If the insurance company denied your claim, you can appeal the decision. This can get tricky without a lawyer on your side. Thankfully, you’re not alone; Meldon Law is here.
We find that some insurance companies deny claims because:
- The liable policy doesn’t cover the exact type of accident that occurred.
- The liable policyholder was intoxicated, and the insurer won’t pay for the injured party’s losses.
- The injured party missed a filing deadline.
- The liable insurance policy has lapsed.
Facing a claim denial can quickly prove overwhelming, especially if you don’t understand your next steps. A lawyer from our Gainesville car accident team can combat a denial and advocate for what you deserve.
The Other Driver’s Insurance Adjuster Wants a Copy of My Medical Records. Should I Release Them?
No, not without speaking to your attorney first. You should only share medical information under certain circumstances. If you share your entire medical history, the insurance company may attempt to blame your symptoms on a pre-existing condition.
What Does My Lawyer Have to Prove to Support My Accident Claim?
To successfully resolve a personal injury case, we must prove the other driver’s negligence by showing:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to operate their motor vehicle in a safe manner;
- The driver breached their duty of care;
- That breach caused your injuries; and,
- You have damages stemming from the crash.
Your lawyer can use the police report, eyewitness testimony, and traffic camera footage to back up your claim.
What Types of Injuries Enable Me to Seek Compensation?
In our years of experience, we’ve advocated for people suffering from these collision-related injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Whiplash and other soft-tissue injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord trauma
- Lacerations and blood loss
- Nerve damage
- Torn ligaments
If your injury has negatively impacted your life, you deserve to hold those responsible accountable. A Gainesville accident attorney from our firm can go toe-to-toe with the insurers and at-fault parties. We have your back.
What to Know About Car Accident Rates in Gainesville
The Florida Department of Highway Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that in 2022, Alachua County saw more than 5,000 motor vehicle collisions. That was significantly higher than the number of accidents reported in neighboring Gilchrist and Bradford counties, which only saw about 250 accidents each.
A breakdown of Gainesville-area collisions are as follows:
- The county saw 1,285 hit-and-run accidents. Almost 25% of these accidents resulted in serious injuries.
- Collisions in Alachua County dip in June. That’s likely because the University of Florida’s spring semester ends in late April. By that time, many students have gone home for the summer.
- Crashes in Alachua County peak in March and again in November.
Most car accidents, including those in Gainesville, happen because of driver error. If distracted driving, intoxication, speeding, or another negligent behavior caused your collision, you can likely seek damages from the liable insurer. We can help.
Contact Our Gainesville Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
The injury lawyers from Meldon Law are ready to help you recover after your collision. You deserve the very best, and our team strives to deliver top-notch assistance.
Contact our offices at (352) 373-8000 to connect with our car accident attorneys in Gainesville today. Remember, the consultation is free, and you only pay us when we win.