What Should I Do if I Am the Victim of a Hit and Run Accident?
Being the victim of any traffic accident is traumatic. However, when the person causing the crash leaves the scene of the accident and does not stop to render aid or take responsibility, not only could you be seriously injured but extremely angry as well.
As a local accident attorney, serving Gainesville, Ocala and the entire state of Florida, here are 6 tips to help you know what to do if you are the victim of a hit and run accident:
- You have a duty to remain at the scene of the crash and render aid and provide information, if possible.
- Call 911 immediately. If you have any identifying information regarding the vehicle or driver that left the scene, give it to the police immediately over the phone.
- It is critical to get names and contact information for all witnesses. In a hit and run accident, witnesses are vitally important.
- Being a victim of a hit and run accident is much like being the victim of other accidents regarding your auto insurance policy. The exception being, you have to prove it was a hit and run and that the other person was at-fault.
- Your Uninsured Motorist Coverage will protect you in the event of a hit and run crash, whether you are in a motorist or a pedestrian, and the accident was not your fault.
- Anytime there are serious injuries resulting from an accident, it is best to get the advice and assistance of an experienced accident attorney.
For more information:
- Hit and Run Accident – How to Avoid Being Charged With This Crime
- How can you determine the value of your personal injury, car, motorcycle, truck accident or wrongful death case? Or: What is my case worth?
Hello, I am Jeffrey Meldon. As an accident attorney, I strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of an accident or in the recovery from one.
My Office and Associates are located in Gainesville, Florida. We are Personal Injury Attorneys (Accident Lawyers). I take pride in my work and the results that I and my experienced team of Associates and Staff get for our clients.
Everyone in my Office works hard to help accident victims get the justice and the fair settlement or jury verdict that they deserve throughout the North and Central Florida area including: Ocala, Marion County, Alachua County, Lake City, Citrus County, Daytona Beach, and Inverness. I am highly involved with every case in my office and am the negotiator with insurance companies.
You can feel free to give me a call at 800-373-8000 or contact my office, with any questions you may have, or to discuss your unique case.
Consultations and Case Evaluations are always Free.