I Was Recently in a Car Accident in Gainesville, Florida and My Insurance Company is Telling Me Not to Hire an Attorney. What Should I Do?
Most people after being in an accident are confused about what to do. Your question is an excellent one and unfortunately is a common insurance company tactic to make more money by paying out less in claims to accident victims.
To achieve the insurance company’s goal of making more profits, it is common for a concerned sounding insurance adjuster to call their claimant and tell them a variety of things such as:
- Offering them a small settlement in exchange for releasing their claim;
- Telling the injured person that if they hire an attorney they will receive less money because the attorney will just get it all; or
- Threatening to deny or “low-ball” the person’s claim if they hire a attorney.
What should you do? In a minor accident case you may decide to settle without the help of a attorney. Not everybody needs a attorney. However, as an experienced Gainesville, Florida accident attorney, I know that on average an injured party receives 3½ times more when represented by a attorney.
This is what I recommend:
- Consult with an accident attorney. Remember, you can only settle your claim once and consultations are generally free, so take advantage of them. In my office, we will gladly tell you for free if you have a case or not and if it would be in your best interest to hire legal assistance.
- Get educated. Request my free, no obligation, consumer protection guide book, Seven Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Case.
I look forward to assisting you. Give me a call today at 800-373-8000 or contact my office online and we will get right back with you.
My office and I are dedicated to helping people get the justice they deserve and protecting them from being taken advantage of by the powerful insurance companies.
For more information on this important topic please see:
- What Should I Do After an Auto Accident? A Top Gainesville Accident Attorney, Jeffrey Meldon, Gives His Recommendations and Tips.
Beware: Even if you are completely innocent in an accident, you can get stuck with thousands, or even hundreds of thousands, of dollars of medical bills, loss of income, and a permanent injury. All of which can be devastating. Make sure you are adequately protected!
Because of this, Gainesville and Ocala car accident attorney Jeffrey Meldon wrote the book Buying Florida Auto Insurance – A 3 Step Approach to Purchasing Adequate Auto Insurance at Competitive Pricing.
You can request your free, no obligation guide book by contacting our office at 800-373-8000 or filling out the request form.