Williston Slip and Fall Lawyer
A slip and fall is more than an accident. It’s months of recovery, thousands of dollars out of pocket, and uncertainty about your future. In a situation like this, you’re not alone. You have the support of the Williston slip and fall lawyers from Meldon Law. For more than 50 years, we’ve helped people just like you recover compensation and secure peace of mind.
We offer free consultations where, at no obligation, you can learn more about entrusting your case to our legal team. This is your opportunity to ask questions and set your case in motion. Dial (352) 373-8000 to begin.
Our Williston Personal Injury Lawyers Offer Client-Focused Care
Meldon Law has offered a helping hand to Floridians since Jeffrey Meldon opened its doors in 1971. He created an approach to his duties that has never wavered and is shared by everyone at Meldon Law. We call it Meldon CARES, which stands for:
- Success-driven results
We take on your fight like it was our own, and we won’t back down. Our clients mean everything to us. This isn’t just our job, it’s our calling, and we strive each day to serve with integrity and compassion.
We’re Motivated by the Feedback Our Clients Share
Our clients’ experiences with Meldon Law let us know we’re making a difference in our community. Some have felt inspired to share:
- “My team with Meldon Law was awesome and were really helpful during a difficult time in my life. They showed how much they cared and took their time to explain the process to me. I’m happy I chose them to help me with my case.” —Orianna
- “Hands down the best law firm!!! True to their work, They won’t back down! God sent me to them for a reason, Thank You Jesus. Grateful for sure. Trustworthy, Notable and for the people. Thank you!!!” —Jermaine
Our Slip and Fall Attorneys in Williston Prove Your Case’s Required Elements
The key to recovering damages following a slip and fall is proving negligence. This requires our team to demonstrate:
- You were lawfully on another party’s premises, and they had a duty of care to keep the area safe.
- The property owner knew (or should have known) about a potential hazard but didn’t address it or warn others.
- You slipped, fell, and suffered an injury that required medical attention.
- You have damages as a result of the incident, such as medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
To prove these elements, we review CCTV footage, talk with eyewitnesses, and inspect the property’s maintenance records. After identifying the liable party, we file a claim and negotiate with the insurance company for appropriate compensation. If the insurer denies your claim (or the insurance company refuses to fully compensate you), we prepare your case for trial and represent you in court.
Our Slip and Fall Lawyers Seek Compensation for Your Losses
If you slipped and fell because of poor lighting in a stairwell, loose rubble, or another factor, you could recover the costs associated with:
- Medical expenses, such as the ambulance ride, ER visits, treatment, surgery, rehab, travel to and from appointments, and prescriptions
- Loss of income during your recovery period, including tips and bonuses
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Anxiety or depression
- Reduction in your quality of life
The damages you experience, your injury’s severity, the circumstances that led to your fall, and your earning potential all determine how much you can recover. Your Williston slip and fall lawyer aims for a figure that lets you start rebuilding your life. You shouldn’t have to pay a dime out of pocket for an accident you didn’t cause.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Florida Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Florida allows you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. That time may seem sufficient, but keep in mind that:
- Negotiating with the insurance company does not grant you more time.
- Some evidence, like security camera footage, won’t be available forever.
- The sooner you file your case, the sooner we can gather time-sensitive witness testimony.
- If the two-year deadline expires, you lose the right to seek damages, no matter how compelling your case is.
There is no risk or obligation in starting your free consultation with our legal team. During our conversation, you can learn more about the state’s statute of limitations and what it means for your injury claim.
What Should I Do After My Slip and Fall Accident in Williston?
Seeking medical attention should be at the top of your to-do list following a slip and fall. Visiting a doctor can help stabilize your condition, put you on the road to recovery, and generate evidence to support your case.
In addition to visiting a healthcare provider, you should also follow their recommendations, which may include going to physical therapy or taking certain medications. By doing so, you prevent the insurer from disputing the severity of your condition or other aspects of your case.
Let Your Lawyer Handle All Case-Related Communications
The insurance company or the at-fault party themselves may call you after the incident. They may ask for a recorded statement, offer a suspiciously low settlement, or otherwise discourage you from seeking compensation.
Here’s a pro tip: let Meldon Law handle all case-related communications, from phone calls to emails. Now is the time to focus on your recovery period and moving forward. In the meantime, we talk to everyone involved, so you don’t have to worry about jeopardizing your case.
Protect Your Future—Call Our Williston Slip and Fall Attorneys Today
Begin your free case consultation with our team today at (352) 373-8000. If we move forward with your case, you pay no attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation. We want to make the process as stress-free as possible.
Call today to protect your family and your future.