Williston Personal Injury Lawyer
You’ve done the right thing all your life. You’ve followed traffic signals and speed limits. You’ve warned others of hazards on your property and kept your dog on a leash. Yet, here you are in the aftermath of a serious injury––all because someone didn’t do the right thing. It’s reasonable to feel frustrated, but you’re not alone.
Meldon Law has more than 50 years of experience advocating for injured people. A Williston personal injury lawyer from our firm can hold the negligent party accountable for the full cost of your medical bills, lost income, and other expenses. Today, during a free case review, you can learn more about partnering with us. Call (352) 373-8000.
We Advocate for Injured People After These Incidents in Williston
Our lawyers offer a helping hand to claimants in the aftermath of suffering:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including cars, buses, trucks, and motorcycles
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- The death of a loved one
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Traumatic brain injuries
These cases all have one thing in common: negligence. If another party’s actions or omissions led to your accident, injuries, and damages, you could have a case for compensation. Our team is with you every step of the way.
Pursuing Appropriate Compensation for All of Your Personal Injury Losses
The losses you experience and the compensation you may recover are unique to your case. Our attorneys will go over the types of damages available and what may apply to your circumstances. Your settlement or court award could offer coverage for:
Necessary Healthcare Costs
You can recover every medical expense related to your treatment and recovery, such as:
- Ambulance transportation
- Specialist care
- Physical therapy
- In-home care
- Medical devices or equipment
Your medical needs may extend beyond the days just after the accident. When accounting for your losses, our Williston personal injury attorneys will confer with your medical team about your past, present, and future needs. We aim to recover every dime associated with your necessary treatment expenses.
Property Damage Costs
You can include the cost of any damaged property in your claim or lawsuit’s value. For instance, if you were hurt in a collision, you can pursue the cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle.
Wages Lost During Your Recovery
You can recover more than the cost of your paychecks. Based on your profession, you could also recover lost tips, bonuses, commissions, freelance contracts, and benefits. You can also pursue the cost of your lost future earning capacity.
Anything You Spent Out of Pocket
While awaiting financial recovery, you may have spent some money on various expenses, including:
- Childcare costs
- Transportation to and from appointments
- In-home modifications, such as wheelchair ramps
- Parking at the hospital or emergency care center
- Lawncare and assistance with daily activities
We can validate the cost of these items using invoices, receipts, and bills.
Non-economic damages are injury-related losses that don’t come with inherent financial values. Rather, how much you can recover depends on your situation, including the severity of your injuries and the nature of your condition.
Such losses may include:
- Pain and suffering. The cost of the physical pain and emotional turmoil you felt (and may still feel) during and after the accident are recoverable.
- Mental health complications. The shock of an accident and the injury you suffered can cause emotional upheaval, such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD.
- Loss of consortium. Suffering a serious injury can negatively affect your spousal relationship.
- Disability. Your condition may interfere with your daily life. You can recover the hardships associated with a permanent or long-term disability.
- Scarring. Changes to your appearance may affect your job prospects, comfort levels, and mental health. Any scarring or disfigurement is compensable.
Our personal injury attorneys consider these and other losses as they prepare your case.
Our Williston Personal Injury Attorneys Are on Your Side
At Meldon Law, our personal injury attorneys are fiercely protective of our clients. We take on your fight like it was our own, and we won’t back down. We’re proud to say that since our founding in 1971, we’ve cultivated a reputation of being a force to be reckoned with. Defense lawyers, insurance adjusters, and other parties know we’re bulldogs, inside and outside of the courtroom.
When you work with Meldon Law, you have the benefit of an experienced legal team dedicated to securing the justice you deserve. As noted, we have more than half a century of institutional experience in Florida’s personal injury system, and we use that knowledge toward one end: recovering damages for personal injury claimants.
We Do Everything Possible to Resolve Your Injury Case
Whatever the cause of your personal injury, when you entrust us with your case, we intend to:
- Investigate the incident and find supporting evidence, such as medical and police reports, eyewitness statements, videos and photos of the accident scene, and accident reconstruction data
- Identify the liable party (or parties) using the collected evidence
- Prove negligence, which involves showing that because of another party’s actions, you were injured and have damages
- Negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company for an appropriate compensation settlement
- Prepare for trial and represent you in civil court if negotiations fail to reach an agreement
Meldon Law doesn’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to personal injury cases. We create a strategy that reflects your needs, injuries, and overall situation.
When Should I Consider Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Williston?
We always recommend that anyone thinking about pursuing a personal injury claim first call for a free case evaluation. There’s no obligation to partner with us. This is your opportunity to share your story and evaluate your options.
You may find value in partnering with our law firm if:
- The insurance company’s lawyers get involved in your claim.
- You’re unsure how much you’re owed for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
- The insurer denied your claim.
- The insurer offers a low settlement.
- You want an advocate to handle the claims process for you.
- Your injuries consume your time and energy, leaving you unable to navigate the claims process alone.
You may think twice about hiring a lawyer because you’re concerned about how much it’ll cost. Our team offers help on a contingency-fee basis; our attorney’s fees are contingent on your case’s outcome. You don’t pay hourly rates, retainers, or by-the-service fees. We take a percentage of your final settlement as payment, never requesting a dime from your own pocket.
Meldon Law Gets Results in Personal Injury Cases
We’re in our fifth decade of representing injured Floridians. During that time, we’ve recovered millions in settlements and verdicts. Here are some of our stories:
- Our client was running some errands when she was hit by a car pulling out of a parking lot. Her injuries required lower back surgery and a spinal stimulator implant. After gathering evidence, identifying the liable party, and filing her claim, we recovered $1.25 million for her losses.
- Our client was enjoying her day at a golf course when she was T-boned by another golf cart. She suffered serious disfigurement and traumatic brain injuries. Before filing a lawsuit, we settled her case for $950,000.
- Our client purchased a bicycle and had his grandson riding in the rear basket. The basket severed two of the boy’s fingers because it wasn’t properly designed. Once the liable party saw Meldon Law was on the case, they extended a six-figure settlement. We accepted.
On a broader level, our personal injury case results include:
- $500,000 pre-suit settlement for severe car crash injuries
- $500,000 settlement for head-on collision injuries
- $450,000 settlement for car crash injuries
- $380,000 mediated settlement for medical malpractice
We’re motivated by one thing: financial justice. You can learn more about our commitment to your case’s outcome during your free case review.
Listen to What Former Personal Injury Clients Share About Our Team
Our clients spend time with us during some of the worst moments of their lives. As such, we strive to serve each person with understanding, compassion, and integrity. Some have shared:
- “Hands down the best law firm!!! True to their work, They won’t back down! God sent me to them for a reason, Thank You Jesus. Grateful for sure. Trustworthy, Notable and for the people. Thank you!!!” —Jermaine
- “My team with Meldon Law was awesome and were really helpful during a difficult time in my life. They showed how much they cared and took their time to explain the process to me. I’m happy I chose them to help me with my case.” —Orianna
- “I go to Meldon Law for any legal advice that may come up. Everyone I have spoken to there has been extremely nice and helpful, and Jessica Thomason particularly has helped me with many questions over the years. I trust Meldon Law and would refer anyone I know that needs legal representation to them.” —Kelley
We hope that by the end of our partnership, you’ll have similar positive feelings about our Williston personal injury firm.
Don’t Run Out of Time to File Your Williston Personal Injury Lawsuit
Florida grants two years after a personal injury to file a lawsuit. This deadline helps keep evidence fresh and prevents the threat of potential cases from hanging over would-be defendants.
If you do not file within the statute of limitations, you may not be allowed to do so after the deadline. While some exceptions could extend your filing period, the court doesn’t make any exceptions for misunderstandings. To preserve your right to damages, we recommend consulting our injury team at your earliest convenience. We can discuss your case’s time-sensitive factors and anything else you should know about seeking damages.
What Considerations Could Bolster My Williston Personal Injury Case?
Working with Meldon Law is just one of many things that could bolster your right to compensation after suffering a serious injury or losing a loved one. Other considerations include:
Getting Prompt Medical Attention
You want to create a record of your injuries as soon as they happen. This involves visiting a healthcare provider and seeking treatment. Your treatment records, imaging scan results, and medical testimony can serve as valuable evidence in your case. These can also help prove the cost of your past, present, and future injury-related expenses.
Keeping All Documentation Related to the Incident
There’s no such thing as having too much evidence in a personal injury case. The more, the merrier. You should hold onto written communications between you and the insurer, information from your doctor, and photos of the accident scene. Also, keep all damage-related invoices and receipts, as this can help us determine what constitutes a fair settlement.
Refusing to Give a Recorded Statement
The liable insurer may ask for a recorded statement immediately after the accident, hoping to take advantage of your vulnerable state. The claims adjuster will ask “loaded” questions and twist your responses into things you didn’t mean. You don’t have to worry about answering a single phone call from the insurer when you have a lawyer from Meldon Law. We take care of all communications with the insurance company, so you can focus on healing.
Limiting Your Social Media Use
Anything you share on social media is public record, and the insurer could use anything you post to discredit certain aspects of your case. While you don’t have to deactivate your accounts altogether, you could limit what you post publicly. For instance, refrain from posting photos—even if they’re years old. You want your case to progress as smoothly as possible.
Speak With Our Williston Personal Injury Attorneys Today
The law never provides one clear answer to those searching for help. The personal injury attorneys at Meldon Law draw on years of practice in pursuit of a full and fair settlement or verdict.
Call us today at (352) 373-8000 to start your confidential and free case consultation.