Williston Car Accident Lawyer
Motor vehicle accidents are among the number one causes of personal injuries in the U.S. If you have been injured in a car accident in Williston, you join millions of reluctant members of a very large club. What’s more, you may not know where to turn when it comes to recovering damages for your medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Meldon Law’s personal injury lawyers draw on the firm’s half a century of experience in representing those injured in Levy County and the rest of the state. Our Williston car accident lawyers offer comprehensive legal help, geared toward recovering compensation for your losses.
We invite you to take advantage of our free, no-obligation case evaluation. During this initial conversation, tell us about the car crash and ask any questions you have. For more information, call us at (352) 373-8000.
You Pay Nothing Upfront to Partner With Our Williston Collision Team
Meldon Law CARES about your car accident case. We strive to offer compassion, accountability, reliability, excellence, and success-driven results. As such, we offer our legal guidance on a contingency-fee basis. But what does this mean for you? It means:
- A percentage of your settlement pays for our help.
- You never pay anything upfront or out of pocket.
- You get this agreement in writing, so you know what to expect.
- Our Williston personal injury lawyers have a financial interest in winning your case.
Aside from offering help on contingency, we also finance various aspects of your case, from its initial filing to its consulting costs. With our resources, insight, and relationships with local officials, we’re confident that we can guide your case to a fair conclusion.
Our Williston Car Accident Lawyers Seek Financial Recovery for You
In the no-fault state of Florida, drivers must carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. If you are injured in a car accident, you generally first file a claim with your PIP insurance to get coverage for some of your medical bills and some of your lost wages.
PIP might not cover the full cost of your injury-related expenses if you suffered serious injuries in a collision. That’s where our team comes in. We evaluate your coverage options, then compile evidence to hold the other party financially accountable for your hardships.
We Seek Financial Recovery for Your Economic Losses
Your economic losses include your direct financial losses. We quantify these items using receipts, bills, and invoices. Our team may also consult with financial experts and medical professionals to gain further insight into what you can recover.
Economic damages may include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses, including surgeries, treatment, and medications
- Handicap-accessible modifications to your home or vehicle
- Lost wages during your recovery
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage expenses
We can also include the cost of anything you spent out of pocket in your claim’s value. For instance, if you hired someone to look after your children during your recovery period, you can include those costs in your case’s value.
We Seek Full Compensation for Your Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages are losses that do not have a set dollar amount associated with them. Their values are subjective and primarily depend on the facts of your situation, including the severity of your condition and your estimated recovery period.
These damages comprise:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Our Williston car crash lawyers identify all of your compensable losses. Careful accounting of your losses and gathering proof of negligence go toward building a strong case. We fight for every dollar you deserve.
Our Lawyers Serving Williston Manage Your Case’s Obligations
Meldon Law assumes the legal responsibilities involved in pursuing compensation, giving you the time you need for your health. When building your case, we:
- Abide by all case-related deadlines
- Fill out and file all paperwork
- Collect eyewitness statements and police and medical reports
- Examine the accident site for evidence
- Review visual data of the event, such as traffic camera footage
- Examine the driving history of everyone involved
- Reconstruct the accident with the help of expert witnesses
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full and fair compensation settlement
- File a lawsuit for a compensation verdict if negotiations fail
- Represent you against the liable party’s insurance provider or personal attorneys
Our car accident lawyers are known as a force to be reckoned with, inside and outside the courtroom. We won’t back down from anyone and will take on your fight like it was our own because this is not a job to us; this is our passion.
We Assert That Negligence Led to Your Car Accident in Williston
To pursue compensation beyond PIP, we must establish liability, which our investigation helps us do. Then we must prove negligence. To do this, we must show that:
- The at-fault party had a “duty of care” when driving the car to act in such a way as to not hurt others (for instance, drive within the speed limit and obey all traffic laws).
- The at-fault party breached that duty by not acting as a reasonable person would (for instance, by driving over the speed limit or while impaired).
- You suffered injuries in an accident caused by the at-fault party’s breach of duty.
- You sustained losses as a result of the accident and your injuries.
If negotiations with the insurance company are not productive and a lawsuit seems the only viable option for recovering compensation, be aware that you have two years from the date of the accident to file your case. If you do not file by then, you can’t do so after the deadline. With this time-sensitive factor in mind, we encourage you to call us as soon as possible.
We Identify All Responsible Parties in Your Car Accident Case
To have a successful claim or lawsuit, our Williston lawyers must first identify the at-fault and liable parties. The at-fault party caused your accident, while the liable party pays for your losses. So, if a driver caused your accident, the liable party would be their insurance carrier.
Sometimes, more than one party can contribute to a single accident. These entities may include:
- The employer of the driver
- A car parts manufacturer
- A car’s manufacturer
- A car maintenance company
You don’t have to worry about juggling communications with your case’s involved parties. That’s our job. We offer such comprehensive help that you might even forget you have a case while you recover. We take care of every case-related detail.
Our Attorneys Get Results for Car Accident Claimants
Attorney Jeffrey Meldon established Meldon Law in 1971 with one goal in mind: serving injured people. For more than 50 years, we’ve recovered millions through settlements and judgments for our injured clients. Some of our most recent case results include:
- We can’t discuss the details of this one particular T-bone accident. However, what we can share is that we recovered $1.5 million for our client’s losses.
- Our client was lucky to be alive after a sportscar collided with his vehicle head-on. He required neck and back surgery. By consulting with life care planners and building a compelling case, we secured $500,000 through negotiations.
- Our client was violently rear-ended by an inattentive driver, suffering life-altering injuries. Before filing a lawsuit, the liable party extended a $450,000 offer, and we accepted.
Most car accident cases do not go to court. So, you might not have to worry about a civil trial, and even if we file a lawsuit, it’s nothing we can’t handle.
Read What Clients Share About the Car Accident Team at Meldon Law
It’s important to hear from other clients who have worked with Meldon Law. After all, choosing a law firm is not something you have to do every day. You might not know what to look for or even where to start.
We can’t share feedback from all of the clients we’ve served during our half-a-century in Florida, but here are a few folks who shared their thoughts:
- “Hands down the best law firm!!! True to their work, They won’t back down! God sent me to them for a reason, Thank you Jesus. Grateful for sure. Trustworthy, Notable and for the people. Thank you!!!” —J.M.
- “My team with Meldon Law was awesome and were really helpful during a difficult time in my life. They showed how much they cared and took their time to explain the process to me. I’m happy I chose them to help me with my case.” —O.
- “I go to Meldon Law for any legal advice that may come up. Everyone I have spoken to there has been extremely nice and helpful, and Jessica Thomason particularly has helped me with many questions over the years. I trust Meldon Law and would refer anyone I know that needs legal representation to them.” —K.P.
Call Our Williston Office Today, and Get the Help You Deserve
We understand the pain and chaos a car accident brings to your life. Our attorneys are dedicated to assisting you with compassion and integrity as you fight to get your life back on track. Call us at (352) 373-8000 for your free and confidential case evaluation. Our clients are like family, and we treat them as such.