Suwannee County Slip & Fall Attorney
Slip, trip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of accidents that result in serious injury. In fact, more than one million people are hurt in slip and falls every year and require treatment in the emergency room. Slip and fall accidents happen for a number of reasons but they are usually caused by the negligence or carelessness of another person. The injuries caused by slip and fall accidents are very serious and if you have been hurt, you can claim financial compensation. Our Suwannee County slip & fall attorney can help you do it.
Common Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents
A fall can happen for multiple reasons. When they occur on someone else’s property, you may be able to file a claim to recover financial compensation. The most common causes of slip and fall accidents that result in personal injury claims are as follows:
- Uneven flooring: As the foundation of a structure shifts, it can result in warped floors that are uneven and difficult to navigate. Property owners should always fix floors that have become bumpy and uneven so people do not become hurt.
- Wet floors: Whether it is from a spill on the floor, improperly cleaned floors, rainy walkways, or leaky windows, there are many negligent acts that can result in a floor becoming wet and slippery.
- Long cords: Cords strewn carelessly along floors pose a major tripping hazard. Cords should always be secured to the floor.
- Cracked or raised sidewalks: Weather, time, and construction are just a few conditions that can result in cracked or raised sidewalks. When these cause a slip and fall, either a private person or a government entity may be to blame.
- Improper lighting: When people cannot see because an area is not properly lit, they can easily slip or trip on dangerous conditions and become hurt.
- Broken railings: People who use stairway railings rely on them to work. When they are broken, they can no longer support a person and a fall can easily happen.
Common Slip & Fall Injuries
Many people assume that the injuries caused by a slip and fall are not serious, but that is not true. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. Other common injuries caused by slip and fall accidents are as follows:
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ damage, particularly when the fall was from a height
- Sprains and strains to ligaments, muscles, and tendons
The above are just a few of the most common injuries involved in slip and fall cases. They are not only very painful, but they are also very expensive to treat.
Our Slip/Trip & Fall Attorney in Suwannee County Can Help You Claim Damages
A slip and fall accident could cost you more than it should, but it does not have to. At Meldon Law, our Suwannee County slip/trip and fall attorney can help you recover your medical costs, lost income, and more so you do not suffer financial losses as well as physical harm. Call us now at 800-373-8000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.