Ocala Truck Accident Lawyer
Not all law firms are created equal. Some make promises they can’t keep, guaranteeing seven-figure outcomes that never manifest. Others require upfront rates, putting injured people in further financial straits. You don’t have to deal with either of these things with Meldon Law. When we say that we’ll do something, we do it.
If you suffered injuries in a collision, an Ocala truck accident lawyer can advocate for what you need, all while offering endless compassion and support. You don’t have to be uncertain about your case’s outcome any longer. We’re here to serve you. Call (352) 373-8000 to begin your free, no-strings-attached case review. Together, we can explore working with our personal injury team and what that entails.
Compensation We May Recover for Your Ocala Truck Accident
Every accident is different. When you call for your free consultation, we’ll talk about what damages you could recover. They should account for your past, present, and future losses.
Economic damages include financial losses, such as:
- Medical bills for treatment already received
- Estimated costs of treatment you may need in the future
- Wages you lost from missing work
- Estimated future lost earnings if you cannot return to your prior position due to your injury
- Property damage, including your vehicle and personal property you had with you at the time of the accident
Non-economic losses refer to your non-financial losses. We consider the severity of your condition and its effect on your life when pursuing:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder
- Permanent disabilities and impairments, such as from a traumatic brain injury or a paralyzing spinal cord injury
- Decreased quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Properly calculating your claim’s value can be complicated, especially since many losses from serious injuries are intangible and not directly associated with financial losses. Our Ocala attorneys can determine your claim’s value and pursue that sum from the liable party.
Meldon Law Is Built on Decades of Client Success
When you entrust us with your case, you benefit from our lawyers’ years of combined legal experience. For more than 30 years, we’ve recovered millions for injured claimants, including victims of crashes involving commercial trucks.
Some of our success stories include:
- We secured $3 million in damages after our client suffered serious injuries in a collision with a large truck.
- Our clients were the parents of schoolchildren hurt in a bus accident. We secured $425,000 and $337,000 for these families.
- After a truck collided with our client’s car, they required shoulder surgery. We recovered $135,000 for their hardships.
Each year, we add another story to our history of successes. You can learn about our case results during your complimentary case review.
How Our Lawyers Manage Complicated Truck Accident Cases in Ocala
Truck accident cases are sometimes more complex than other accident cases. After a crash with a large truck, the case isn’t resolved by simply calling the other driver’s insurance company and making a claim. Instead, you must square off with trucking corporations armed with legal teams and insurance representatives.
At Meldon Law, our truck accident attorneys know how to determine liability and prove negligence. Many different parties can cause or contribute to a truck accident, including:
- The truck driver
- Truck owner(s)
- The company that employs the driver
- Trucking company managers
- Cargo loaders
- Individuals or companies responsible for truck maintenance
- The truck manufacturer or those that manufactured parts for the truck
Using evidence, we can determine who should pay for your losses. If we find that more than one party owes you compensation, we can seek financial recovery from each of them.
Our Attorneys Gather the Evidence Needed to Prove Your Case
With the passage of HB 837, if you caused most of the truck accident, you can’t recover compensation. This makes gathering evidence crucial. We need compelling information to show how the other party’s negligence led to your accident. Examples include:
- The police report
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Accident reconstruction data
- The truck’s black box data
- The trucker’s driving logs
- Traffic camera/dash cam footage
- Admissions made at the accident scene
- Witness testimony
- Your medical records
You Pay Nothing Upfront to Partner With Our Ocala Truck Accident Team
We offer a free case evaluation to potential clients. During that time, we learn about your case and answer your questions. If it seems like a good fit for you and our firm, we move forward with your case, working on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you pay no attorneys’ fees unless and until we recover a settlement or verdict.
Our Ocala Lawyers Learn the Cause of Your Truck Accident
Learning the cause of your traffic accident is imperative because it helps us determine fault and liability. We may find one or more of the following contributed to your truck accident:
- Distracted driving
- Overloaded or unsecured cargo
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Failing to adapt driving to adverse weather conditions
- Noncompliance with federal regulations
- Negligent hiring practices
- Inadequate truck driver training
It’s crucial to consider the benefit of hiring Meldon Law. We’re more than a law firm; we’re a force to be reckoned with.
Ocala’s Meldon Law Fights for Your Rights
Attorney Jeffrey Meldon founded Meldon Law in 1971. We’ve grown over the years from one office in Jeffrey’s hometown of Gainesville to serving all Floridians through multiple offices around the state.
We treat our clients like family and serve each individual with compassion and integrity. We look at what we do as our calling, rather than our job. In our law firm, we’re proud to conduct ourselves in the established Meldon C.A.R.E.S. way through:
We believe that experience matters and only hire qualified litigators as associates. You will never have an inexperienced attorney fighting for you. Our team stays current on new developments in the trucking industry, relevant laws, and technology. We apply our newfound knowledge to each case we handle.
Meldon Law Supports the Ocala Community
Our law firm supports individual causes and programs in communities around Florida. We’ve also created programs in-house that are near to our hearts. Here’s how we go the extra mile to serve our friends and neighbors:
Supporting the Florida Gators
We are proud to be the only official law firm partner of the Florida Gators. In addition to our legal work, we support the University of Florida’s students by representing them in Conduct and Conflict Resolution hearings and by providing presentations on how to avoid legal issues during their college days.
Educating the Community
Knowledge is something to be shared, not hoarded. So, we spend a significant amount of time educating others about their legal rights. We do this through:
- Talk shows
- Consumer guides
There’s power in knowledge, and we want every Floridian to understand their options.
Offering Our Scholar-Athlete Program
For more than a quarter of a century, we’ve provided scholarships to high school seniors who demonstrate “academic rigor and athletic excellence.” We invite you to read up on our program and nominate a student for a scholarship.
Maintaining the Veterans Making a Difference Program
Meldon Law and CBS4 News have partnered to honor veterans and veteran organizations making a positive impact on their communities. We provide a $500 cash award and customized plaque to select nominees in recognition of their efforts.
What Do Previous Clients Share About the Team at Meldon Law?
We put our clients’ needs before everything else. Consequently, we have happy clients who share sentiments like:
- “Due to unfortunate circumstances, I found the need to have an attorney. Meldon Law’s Ian Pickens was who I decided to go with and glad I did. He was very responsive and when he said that he was gonna do something it got done. Best law firm by far. Hopefully the need doesn’t arise again that I would need representation but if I do I know who to go to. Highly recommend Ian Pickens.” —Derek W.
- “I appreciate all the hard work and hours put together by the Meldon Law team. This firm has been great in service, information and guidance through out the whole process. Special thanks to Carey, Tanner and Alexandra. I would recommend leaving all legal issues up to Meldon Law.” —Jason V.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Lawsuit in a Truck Accident Case
Florida recently reduced the amount of time someone has to file a personal injury lawsuit from four years to two years. This deadline is of critical importance. If two years from the date of your collision pass, and you haven’t filed a lawsuit, you could lose the right to seek damages.
You don’t have to worry about deadlines with Meldon Law managing your case. We take care of all time-sensitive aspects and preserve your right to damages. Yet, we must learn about your situation before we can start advocating for you. For that reason, we encourage you to consider your legal options as soon as possible.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Manage the Claims Process
Trucking is a high-risk industry, and trucking companies and their insurers know it. As a result, they are experienced in fighting liability charges. Unfortunately, if you cannot prove liability, you cannot make a claim against the insurance company.
Be aware that insurance companies may admit liability but may try to negatively affect your ability to settle or the settlement amount by:
- Offering to settle before you have representation
- Waiting until you are buried under bills before making an offer
- Pressuring you for a recorded statement immediately after the accident
At Meldon Law, our experienced attorneys know the techniques trucking companies and their insurers use to settle victims’ claims for less than they are worth. We counter by proving liability and fighting for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accident Cases in Ocala
You deserve answers to each of your questions, so you can make informed decisions about your future. You may wonder:
Will I Have to File a Lawsuit to Recover Damages?
Few injury claims make it to trial, even if settlement negotiations with the insurance company fail and we file a lawsuit.
If the insurance company refuses to offer a settlement that appropriately covers your losses, your truck accident attorney will discuss filing a personal injury lawsuit. If you decide to move forward, be aware that there are lots of steps to the litigation process—but don’t worry. We can handle each of them.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Truck Accident Case in Ocala?
How long it takes to resolve your personal injury case depends on many factors, including:
- The insurance company’s willingness to settle
- The evidence available
- Issues regarding fault and liability
- The number of involved parties
- The amount of compensation you’re requesting
We’re familiar with the tactics that some insurance companies use to unfairly deny claims. Our experience dealing with high-powered insurers empowers us to seek the best outcome possible.
How Much Can I Recover?
How much you can recover for your accident-related losses, just like your case’s timeline, depends on your situation. As noted, we consider various aspects of your situation when determining what constitutes a fair settlement value. It may interest you to know that Florida does not limit how much you can seek for pain and suffering. So, there is no limit to what you can request for this hardship.
Call Our Ocala Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Our experienced legal team at Meldon Law stands up for the rights of truck accident victims in and around Ocala, as we have done since 1971. Call us today at (352) 373-8000 to schedule your free consultation. If you are not able to come into our office, we will be happy to come to you.
We are fully committed to seeking the best possible outcome for every client, and we take pride in helping you during this challenging time.