Ocala T-Bone Accidents Attorney
When a vehicle collides with another vehicle to form a right angle, or T shape, this is called a T-bone car accident. There are other names for this type of crash, such as broadside crash or side-impact collision. These accidents can be dangerous, especially if the impact occurs near an occupant of the vehicle. If you have been injured in a T-bone accident, seek legal help right away. Get an Ocala T-bone accidents attorney to help you with your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
What Causes T-Bone Accidents?
T-bone car accidents typically occur when someone does not follow the rules of the road. You can prevent these crashes by ensuring that you observe the right of way while at an intersection. Some vehicles run stop signs and red lights, so you should be prepared to come to a complete stop if necessary and be aware of other vehicles that are passing through the intersection.
While the majority of T-bone accidents happen at intersections, they can happen anywhere. For example, they can happen in parking lots or when a driver pulls out of a driveway in front of an oncoming vehicle.
Besides negligence and not following traffic laws, there are several other ways in which T-bone accidents can occur. They include the following:
- Poor road maintenance. Dangerous or poorly maintained roads can cause vehicles to swerve to avoid hitting a pothole or obstruction in the road. This can lead to a T-bone crash with another vehicle.
- Broken or missing traffic signals. Traffic signals and stop signs are in place to help with traffic flow and avoid accidents. If a traffic signal isn’t working properly or an intersection is missing a stop sign, it can lead to right-of-way issues and result in T-bone crashes.
- Defective car parts. In rare cases, a T-bone accident can be caused by malfunctioning parts. It is possible for brakes to fail, causing a motorist to drive through an intersection because they are unable to stop. Liability can be complicated in these cases.
Common Injuries in T-Bone Accidents
A T-bone accident can cause these injuries:
- Whiplash. The impact can lead to whiplash, which is when the neck and head move forward too quickly. This can cause soft tissue damage, which can be painful.
- Back and neck injuries. A T-bone crash can cause back and neck injuries, including damage to the spinal cord.
- Broken bones. The impact of a crash can put a lot of pressure on bones, causing them to break. Broken bones typically occur in the arms, legs, hands, and feet.
- Burns or lacerations. An accident can cause severe lacerations and burns, especially for motorcyclists, since they have nothing to protect them.
Contact an Ocala T-Bone Accidents Attorney Today
T-bone accidents can be catastrophic and even deadly if there is a severe enough impact involved. There can be a lot of damages to deal with, so make sure you seek financial recovery.
Let the personal injury attorneys at Meldon Law help you with your car accident claim. Our experienced team will help you during this difficult time and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation with an Ocala T-bone accidents attorney by calling (800) 373-3000.