Ocala ATV Accident Attorney
ATVs are fun four-wheeled vehicles that are often used on farms and for hunting in hilly terrain. While ATVs are built with some safety features, these vehicles can be very powerful. If they have a defect or are used incorrectly, they can cause serious injuries. They can even roll over and cause crush injuries and even death. If you were injured in an ATV accident, contact an Ocala ATV accident attorney to file a claim.
Causes of ATV Accidents
Many ATV crashes are caused by the driver’s negligence. Some common causes of crashes include the following:
- Lack of experience. Many accidents happen when an inexperienced driver is operating an ATV.
- No adult supervision. When kids are driving ATVs, an adult should be supervising.
- Performing stunts. Many riders like to test the limits of their ATVs by speeding, going over huge hills, and performing other dangerous stunts. When a stunt goes wrong, it can cause serious injuries.
- Operating in unfamiliar terrain. When a rider is unfamiliar with the terrain, they could get stuck or fall down a cliff or embankment, causing a serious accident.
- Driving with passengers. Many ATVs are designed for one person only and cannot hold passengers.
- Driving on pavement. ATVs are meant for dirt and off-road use and actually don’t perform well on paved roads.
Was Your ATV Defective?
While many ATV accidents are caused by driver negligence, many are also caused by defects. It is not uncommon for manufacturers to sell unsafe ATVs in order to make a profit, even though they have an obligation to make products that are as safe as possible. When a manufacturer intentionally sells a defective product that causes injury or death, they can be held liable.
In the past, ATVs have been recalled due to serious issues. For example, thousands of KTM ATVs were once recalled due to brake failure. More than 120,000 ATVs were recalled by Yamaha when it was discovered that they had a flaw that caused them to easily roll over. By then, 46 people were killed and hundreds more were injured.
Thousands of Kawasaki and BRP ATVs have been recalled due to steering problems. Tens of thousands of Polaris and Kawasaki vehicles have been recalled because they had fuel line problems.
So there are many issues that can go wrong with ATVs due to manufacturer negligence. If you believe your ATV has a defect that caused injuries, seek legal help right away. A personal injury attorney can hold the manufacturer liable and help you obtain compensation.
Contact an Ocala ATV Accident Attorney Today
ATVs are prone to rollovers and equipment failures, which can cause serious injuries. If you or a loved one was a victim, make sure you take the appropriate steps to get the compensation you deserve.
The personal injury attorneys at Meldon Law can hold ATV manufacturers liable for your injuries. We can aggressively pursue your case and assist you with financial recovery. Schedule a free consultation by calling (800) 373-3000. An Ocala ATV accident attorney can assess your case today.