Newberry Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bites can be not only physically painful but also emotionally traumatizing. In the aftermath of an attack, you could have problems resuming your day-to-day life––much less handling an insurance claim or lawsuit on your own. That’s where Meldon Law comes in. Our dog bite attorneys in Newberry bite back.
For more than 50 years, we’ve served as more than legal advocates; we’ve helped countless recover their injury-related losses. You don’t have to navigate this journey alone. A Newberry personal injury lawyer from our team can explain your legal options, advocate for your rights, and secure fair compensation. Call (352) 373-8000 to begin your free case review.
You Can Trust the Dog Bite Lawyers at Our Newberry Law Office
Meldon Law stands apart from other Florida law firms. That’s because we offer:
- Resolute advocacy: We’re not just lawyers; we’re tenacious fighters for our clients. Our tagline, “Won’t Back Down,” reflects our determination to champion your cause vigorously, both inside and outside the courtroom.
- Community support: As Gainesville natives, we’re deeply ingrained in our community. We’re proud partners of the Florida Gators and have initiated programs like Meldon Law Cares to give back.
- Comprehensive legal help: We prioritize your well-being above all else. Additionally, we ensure you understand the legal process inside and out, ensuring you don’t feel like another case number.
- Insight that comes with a proven track record: Our dog bite lawyers possess the legal experience to establish negligence and liability––crucial elements in dog bite cases. We rely on our years of successfully resolving injury claims to secure what our clients need.
At Meldon Law, we’re not just legal representatives – we’re partners in your fight for justice. Your trust and well-being matter deeply to us, and we’re here to guide you through the legal process.
Our Newberry Dog Bite Lawyers Take the Helm on Your Case
There are many challenges that can arise in dog bite claims, some of which are entirely out of your control. Our lawyers take care of all communications, paperwork, and other matters regarding your case. We cut through bureaucratic red tape and overcome other obstacles when seeking maximum compensation.
With Meldon Law, you get an ally who:
Establishing who’s responsible for your injuries is a key aspect of your dog bite claim. We will gather evidence, talk to witnesses, and construct a robust case that clearly shows the dog owner’s accountability for the injuries you’ve suffered. Supporting evidence can include photos of your injuries, the dog’s veterinary records, and eyewitness accounts.
Negotiates With the Insurance Companies
In our years of service, we’ve learned that most insurance companies try to pay as little compensation as possible. A lawyer who’s well-versed in dog bite cases will handle negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf. We’ll file your claim, assess all settlement offers, and negotiate for the best possible outcome.
Files a Personal Injury Lawsuit, if Necessary
While our injury attorneys resolve most personal injury claims through negotiations, we may have to file a lawsuit to recover damages. At trial, your Newberry attorney will present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and demonstrate the other party’s liability.
To protect your lawsuit’s outcome, we encourage you to consider prompt legal action. That’s because you generally have two years to file an injury lawsuit in Florida. If you miss the deadline, you could lose the right to seek damages. With our legal team on your side, you can breathe easily, knowing that we’ll meet all applicable deadlines, including the statute of limitations.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Seek Full Compensation for Your Dog Bite Injury
Suffering a dog bite can generate out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial obligations. Those shouldn’t be your responsibility. If another party’s dog inflicted serious injuries, we can hold them accountable. Through a claim or lawsuit, our bite injury lawyers can recover damages that reflect the cost of your:
- Medical expenses: The medical care required after a dog bite can be extensive and costly. Financial compensation may cover hospital bills, surgeries, medication, therapy, and any future medical bills related to the injury.
- Lost income: A dog bite can cause you to miss work. We can seek a settlement that offers coverage for lost tips, bonuses, benefits, and hourly rates.
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain and emotional distress caused by a dog bite can prove overwhelming, affecting many corners of your life. The state allows you to seek pain and suffering. Its value depends on your situation.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Dog bites can lead to permanent scarring and disfigurement––both of which are compensable through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Emotional trauma: The mental anguish of a dog bite can be long-lasting. Compensation may cover therapy and counseling to address the emotional trauma caused by the incident.
- The cost of anything you spent out of pocket: Your recoverable damages aren’t limited to your medical bills and lost income; you can also recoup the cost of anything you spent out of pocket on childcare costs, lawncare, and in-home services.
At Meldon Law, we’re not only dedicated to advocating for your rights but also to ensuring that you receive the support you need to recover and rebuild. Your well-being is our priority, and our legal services reflect our commitment to your future.
Contact Our Newberry Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one suffered a dog bite, don’t wait to seek legal help. The sooner our attorneys can start investigating your case, the sooner we can get to work holding the negligent party accountable.
Contact Meldon Law today to begin a free initial consultation and learn about your legal rights. When you call (352) 373-8000, you can learn about our services, case results, and how we work on contingency.