Lake City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Getting into a motorcycle accident is just the beginning of a long and arduous journey. First, you’re left with serious injuries that require your full attention. Then, you start missing days from work––compromising your financial stability. When staring the claims process in the face, you want more than legal support; you want a committed advocate.
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, Meldon Law can seek fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. We serve clients with compassion and integrity, and it would be our honor to take on your fight like it’s our own. We will not back down until you get the personal injury awards you need and deserve.
Call (352) 373-8000 to begin a free consultation.
Our Motorcycle Attorneys Will Fight to Get You Back on Your Feet
Our firm has served personal injury clients for close to 50 years. We know what it takes to get your life back on track and hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligent actions.
We Will Protect Your Financial Stability
Unlike car and truck drivers, Florida motorcyclists do not operate under the state’s no-fault insurance system. This means, rather than filing a claim with their own insurer, they must file a claim with the negligent party’s insurance company.
If a negligent party caused your crash, our lawyers will work tirelessly to identify and pursue every economic and non-economic damage, including:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Motorcycle and personal property damages
- Severe and chronic pain
- Loss of mobility
- Severe and disabling injuries
- Reduced quality of life
We Aim to Relieve Your Legal Burdens
Our Lake City motorcycle accident attorneys will take the time to listen to your needs, so we can craft a tailor-made legal strategy. Resolving your case with the best possible outcome is our top priority.
When you work with us, you get a full-service legal team with a proven track record of success. We will handle every detail of your insurance claim or lawsuit so you can worry about what is most important: your health and your loved ones. We will:
- Explain your case in simple, easy-to-understand language
- Collect evidence and build a case proving another party is at fault for your crash and related damages
- Communicate with insurers and involved parties on your behalf (and advise you regarding what you should and should not say)
- File your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Manage paperwork and deadlines
- Negotiate for the maximum possible compensation
- Stand up for your rights and best interests
- Prepare your case for civil court and represent you at trial if necessary
We Care About Our Clients
Advocating for the injured isn’t just our job; it’s our calling. At Meldon Law, we truly care about our clients, and we offer:
- Compassion. We know this is a difficult time, and we know you have your choice of attorneys. We do not take it lightly when clients turn to us for help. We strive to offer top-notch representation grounded in compassion and support.
- Accountability. We take your case just as seriously as you do. In fact, we assume the financial risk by taking cases on contingency. If we do not obtain awards for you and your family, we do not get paid.
- Reliability. You will never be in the dark about your case. We promptly return your phone calls and emails, offering regular case updates.
- Excellence. Our firm boasts an award-winning team of experienced attorneys and litigators.
- Success-driven results. We have achieved settlements and verdicts for personal injury clients, including a $1.45 million motorcycle accident settlement for a client who suffered a severe injury after being hit by a car.
How Long Do You Have to Pursue a Motorcycle Accident Case in Florida?
Florida recently reduced the statute of limitations for personal injury cases. According to HB 837/SB236, you now have only two years from your accident to file suit (down from four years). Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) give you two years from a loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death case.
Failing to meet the deadline will likely lead to the court dismissing your case. An expired statute will also reduce your insurance bargaining power. Our team can explore your options for seeking compensation and act before it is too late.
We Can Prove Liability for Your Motorcycle Crash
Lake City is a gorgeous community that enjoys beautiful weather all year round. It is the perfect place for motorcycle enthusiasts, but unfortunately, a day spent riding does not always turn out well. Motorcyclists have very little protection when on the road. Therefore, they suffer some of the worst injuries when they are in an accident.
If your accident resulted from another driver’s careless, reckless, or wrongful behavior, we can prove they are liable for your crash. We can collect physical evidence, consult with eyewitnesses, work with experts, and build a case demonstrating negligence and your right to damages.
Negligent actions we can hold drivers accountable for include:
- Distracted driving
- Improper lane changes
- Driving under the influence
- Improper left turns
- Crowding a motorcyclist’s lane
- Following a motorcycle too closely
What if You Are At Fault?
In addition to altering the statute of limitations, HB 837 prohibits plaintiffs from recovering damages if they are more than 50 percent at fault for their personal injury. Our lawyers can use their decades of legal experience to show that someone else is liable – not you!
Contact Meldon Law About Your Motorcycle Accident Case Today
At Meldon Law, our Lake City motorcycle accident lawyers can recover the fair settlement you deserve. Do not face biased insurance companies and juries on your own. We are here to fight for you. Call us today at (352) 373-8000 to start a free case review.