Lake City Internal Injury Attorneys
Internal injuries are some of the worst a person could sustain during an accident. There are many different types of these injuries, but they all have serious and long-lasting consequences. If you have been hurt in a truck collision, car crash, or any other type of accident, our Lake City internal injuries attorney can provide the legal advice you need and help you recover damages for your losses.
Common Types of Internal Injuries
Just as many different types of accidents can cause internal injuries, there are also different types of injuries that occur internally. The most common of these are as follows:
- Kidney damage: Also known as renal trauma, about ten percent of all accident victims that suffer substantial trauma to the abdomen also suffer from kidney damage.
- Liver damage: The liver is located in an area of the body that does not have a great deal of protection. As a result, it is not uncommon for the liver to become damaged during an accident.
- Damage to the diaphragm: The diaphragm plays an extremely important role in the respiratory system. As the diaphragm contracts, it pulls air into the lungs and as it expands, air is exhaled out of the body. Approximately five percent of accident victims that experience abdominal trauma will suffer from damage to the diaphragm.
- Punctured lungs: There are many ways a lung can become punctured during an accident. A rib may break and puncture the lung, or an external force can cause a punctured lung. In any case, punctured lungs are extremely dangerous.
- Internal bleeding: Any time a blood vessel is crushed or torn, it can cause internal bleeding.
Sadly, the above are just a few of the most common internal injuries a person may suffer during an accident. A Lake City internal injuries lawyer can help you claim the compensation you need to cover the cost of them.
Internal Injuries Require Immediate Medical Care
Internal injuries are some of the most catastrophic a person could suffer, but accident victims may not immediately know that they have been hurt. Internal injuries include internal organs and blood vessels becoming punctured, torn, or damaged. When internal injuries are not treated right away, it can cause massive hemorrhaging and can even result in wrongful death.
Internal injuries are not only very serious, but they can quickly become life-threatening. To prevent a wrongful death or the serious complications that are sometimes associated with internal injuries, immediate medical attention is required after any accident. A doctor will know how to diagnose internal bleeding, and how to treat it so the injuries do not become worse.
Call Our Lake City Internal Injuries Attorney in Lake City Today
At Meldon Law, our Lake City internal injuries attorney knows just how serious these injuries are. If you have been hurt due to someone else’s carelessness, we can help you obtain the financial compensation you need to recover from them. Call us today at 800-373-8000 or fill out our online form so we can get started on your case.