Hamilton County Slip & Fall Attorney
Slips, trips, and falls are common in the workplace, although they can also happen at home, at a grocery or restaurant, or outside on a sidewalk or in a parking lot. These accidents can be serious, resulting in long-term injuries such as head trauma, broken bones, and spinal cord injuries.
If these injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you can recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses. Contact a Hamilton County slip & fall attorney at Meldon Law to learn more.
Causes of Slips, Trips, and Falls
Slips, trips, and falls can happen in a number of ways, including the following:
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Wet floors
- Rain and snow
- Loose mats and rugs
- Cables and other debris
- Cluttered walkways
- Poor lighting
Slip and Fall Injuries
Millions of Americans are injured in slip and fall injuries every year. These injuries can be serious and even fatal. In fact, slips and falls are the second leading cause of death in the United States. Recovering from a slip and fall injury can take a long time and be very expensive.
A serious fall can lead to disability. People of all ages can suffer a slip and fall injury, although older people are more prone. That’s why these injuries often occur in nursing homes. Here are some of the most common injuries to expect:
- Broken bones. A fall can place too much pressure on the bones, causing them to break. Any bone in the body can break, although the wrists, ankles, and hips are the most likely to do so. Older people tend to have brittle bones, so they are more likely to suffer a fracture.
- Traumatic brain injuries. If you hit your head on the ground or another object, you could suffer head trauma. Common injuries include hematomas, hemorrhages, and skull fractures.
- Back injuries. A slip and fall’s impact on the back can lead to fractured vertebrae or cause slipped or herniated discs. This can affect mobility.
- Soft tissue injuries. These are often delayed injuries that may include sprains and tears to tendons and ligaments. They can cause a lot of pain and lead to more severe injuries.
Slip and Fall Prevention
You can prevent slips and falls by doing the following:
- Clean up spills promptly.
- Get rid of cords, wires, and other tripping hazards.
- Remove clutter from walkways.
- Keep floor mats flat.
- Use handrails when going up and down steps.
- Do not overload ladders.
- Keep work areas well lit.
- Wear appropriate footwear.
Contact a Hamilton County Slip & Fall Attorney Today
Slips, trips, and falls are not laughing matters. They can be very painful and lead to permanent injuries.
These accidents require knowledge of state laws and the ability to negotiate with insurance companies. The Hamilton County slip/trip and fall attorneys at Meldon Law can help you protect your financial future. Fill out the online form or call (800) 373-8000 to schedule a free consultation.