Fort Lauderdale Slip and Fall Lawyer
In the aftermath of a slip and fall accident, finding the strength to get through the legal process can feel impossible. At Meldon Law, we are here to lend a helping hand. With over 50 years of experience, our attorneys are well-versed in the complexities of slip and fall cases and commit to fighting tirelessly on your behalf.
With our knowledge, skill, and unwavering dedication, we will help you build a solid claim, hold the responsible parties accountable, and seek the compensation you deserve. You don’t have to face this alone – let us be your trusted advocates as we work together toward a brighter future. Call (352) 373-8000 to learn more.
How Meldon Law Can Help After a Slip and Fall Injury
Since 1971, our personal injury attorneys have helped Fort Lauderdale residents recover after serious injuries. We’ve helped countless survivors get compensated, and we want to help you, too.
Our law firm intends to serve you by:
- Offering a free case evaluation. You can learn about partnering with our team during a no-obligation consultation. During our conversation, we can discuss your case’s possible outcome, along with the benefit of partnering with Meldon Law.
- Establishing liability. We will meticulously investigate the accident, gather relevant evidence, and work to establish liability. Financial responsibility could lie with a property owner or another involved entity.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Dealing with insurance companies can get challenging. Our skilled negotiators will handle all communications, protecting your rights and fighting for fair compensation.
- Representing you in court. In cases where we can’t reach a negotiated settlement, we prepare to take your case to court. With our trial experience and tenacious advocacy, we will present your case to the judge and jury, fighting for your rights and seeking the compensation you deserve.
Our mission is to fight passionately for your rights. It isn’t just our job; it’s our calling.
Recoverable Damages: a Path to Compensation After a Slip and Fall
Have you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident? With our team’s help, you can recover compensation.
Our lawyers will review the details of your case and assess its potential. The value of a slip and fall case depends on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, the impact on your daily life, and the extent of the liable party’s negligence.
Our skilled attorneys will assess your case, considering these factors and other relevant elements, to estimate the potential value of your claim. While we can’t provide an exact figure without reviewing the specific details of your situation, we will fight diligently to recover the compensation available.
Types of Recoverable Damages in Fort Lauderdale Slip and Fall Cases
Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages, such as scarring and disability
Our legal team will carefully evaluate your case to determine your compensable losses.
Florida Premises Liability: Navigating Statute of Limitations and Negligence Laws
Property owners in Florida must maintain safe premises and provide warnings of hazards. When they don’t, they can be held liable for injuries due to their negligence. If you suffered injuries, you may file a lawsuit within two years of the incident, according to Florida Statute § 95.11.
You don’t have to understand the legal landscape. Our premises liability lawyers in Fort Lauderdale can advocate for what you need.
Our Lawyers Can Prove Negligence in Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
Proving a slip and fall claim in Fort Lauderdale requires demonstrating the property owner’s negligence. To establish a successful slip and fall claim, we can prove:
- Duty of care. Every property owner has a duty of care to keep areas safe for lawful guests. This means keeping areas free of hazards and other threats to others’ safety.
- Breach of duty. We must show that the property owner or occupier breached their duty of care. Security camera footage, photos, and eyewitness testimonies can prove this element.
- Causation. Next, we must show that the other party’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall. This requires demonstrating that the hazardous condition was the direct cause of the injury.
- Damages. Finally, it is essential to prove that the slip and fall accident resulted in damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, or other measurable losses.
Our slip and fall lawyers in Fort Lauderdale can navigate the legal system, gather evidence, and build a compelling case on your behalf.
Types of Visitors to Properties and How They Affect Your Slip and Fall Case
When it comes to a slip and fall case, understanding the different types of visitors to a property is essential, as it can affect your legal claim. The legal system categorizes visitors into three main groups: invitees, licensees, and trespassers.
Invitees: Property Owners Owe the Highest Duty of Care
Invitees are individuals who enter a property with an invitation from the landowner. This category includes customers at a store or patrons at a restaurant. Property owners owe invitees the highest duty of care, meaning they must take reasonable steps to ensure the property is safe and free from hazards. If an invitee suffers a slip and fall injury due to a hazardous condition that the owner should have addressed, the owner may be liable for damages.
Licensees: Property Owners Owe a Limited Duty of Care
Invited licensees are social guests who enter a property with the owner’s permission. Generally, property owners owe them the same duty of care as invitees. If the property owner fails to address a hazardous condition or intentionally creates a dangerous situation that causes a slip and fall accident, they may be liable for the resulting injuries.
Trespassers: Limited Rights, But Not Always Excluded
Trespassers are individuals who enter a property without permission from the owner or occupier. If you were hurt as a trespasser, the property owner may have limited liability. Still, this would not prevent you from exploring your options.
Next Steps: Protecting Your Rights After a Slip and Fall Accident
After a slip and fall accident, you can take immediate action to protect your rights and promote your case’s outcome.
Some considerations include:
- Seeking medical attention. Your health and well-being should be your top priority. Even if you don’t initially feel injured, get medical attention.
- Reporting the incident. Notify the property owner or manager about the accident immediately. This creates an early record of what happened.
- Gathering evidence. If possible, collect evidence to support your claim. Take photographs of the accident scene, including any hazardous conditions contributing to your fall.
- Preserving physical evidence. If the accident damaged any property, such as clothing or personal belongings, keep them as evidence.
- Documenting your injuries. Keep a detailed record of any doctors’ appointments, prescribed medications, and therapy visits.
- Not discussing the accident. Refrain from discussing the accident or your injuries on social media or with anyone other than your attorney. Statements made in public or online can jeopardize your case.
- Consulting with a slip and fall lawyer. Today, you can reach out to a slip and fall lawyer at Meldon Law. We will assess your case, provide legal advice, and guide you through the legal process.
Remember, time is of the essence. The sooner you take these steps and consult with a slip and fall lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, the stronger your case could be.
Communicating With the Insurance Company: What to Say and What Not to Say
Be cautious about what you say when communicating with the insurance company after a slip and fall accident. Insurance adjusters may try to minimize your claim or use your statements against you.
Here are some guidelines to help protect your interests:
- Only provide basic factual information about the accident, such as the date, time, and location.
- Describe the nature of your injuries accurately and truthfully. Don’t underplay or overexaggerate anything.
- Consult with your slip and fall lawyer before providing any recorded or written statements to the insurance company.
- Do not admit fault or speculate about the cause of the accident.
- Do not provide detailed information about your injuries or medical history without consulting with your lawyer.
When you work with Meldon Law’s legal team, you don’t have to deal with a single insurance-related interaction. All you have to focus on is feeling better. We take care of everything.
Entrust Your Slip and Fall Case to Our Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
Are you ready to fight for what’s rightfully yours? Look no further than Meldon Law. Our team of fearless advocates is here to champion your cause, breaking through barriers to get fair compensation in your case.
With unwavering determination and a track record of success, we’ll fight tooth and nail to protect your rights. Don’t wait another moment. Team up with Meldon Law today and unleash the power of justice on your side. Contact us now at (352) 373-8000.