My PIP Benefits Were Just Cut Off and My Doctor Says I Need More Treatment After My Accident in Ocala. How Could This Happen When I Wasn’t Even Examined by an Insurance Doctor?
There have been some recent changes in Florida case law pertaining to Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. Since 1972, insurance companies were required to have their doctor hold an independent medical evaluation to determine if the injured person required medical care. These “examinations” generally resulted in the termination of benefits. Now, the insurance doctor does not even have to physically examine the policy holder, they just have to review their medical records to legally state that the person does not need medical care.
Knowledgeable accident attorneys (personal injury attorneys) can assist their clients in getting their PIP benefits reinstated, if it is caused by insurance fraud, and make the insurance company pay for attorney fees and costs.
Here are my suggestions on what to do:
- If you get a letter from your insurance company either setting an insurance medical exam or cutting off benefits based on a “paper review” of your medical records, act immediately. Call an experienced accident attorney for advice. If you don’t you will lose your right to appeal the insurance company’s decision.
- It is important to hire an attorney who has handled PIP scam cases before and is up to date on the latest strategies to win your case.
- Continue to get medical treatment if you are seriously injured and the at-fault party has Bodily Injury Liability coverage or you have Uninsured Motorist coverage. This is important not only for your physical recovery, but for your personal injury case – having gaps in your medical treatment will hurt your case.
For More Information:
- New PIP Case Law in Florida
- Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys may be able to prove PIP insurance fraud
- Auto Insurance Coverage: Laws, Recommendations, Factors, and Tips for Florida Drivers
We at Meldon Law strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of an accident or in the recovery from one.
We are experienced personal injury attorneys, trial attorneys, negotiators, litigators, paralegals, and staff that have been proudly working to get accident victims the justice they deserve for over 40 years in Gainesville, Ocala, Lake City, Inverness, and the rest of North Central Florida and North Florida. Accidents involving a car crash, truck wreck, and motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and criminal defense are all included in our practice.
Based on Jeffrey Meldon’s, founder of Meldon Law, over 40 years of helping accident victims get justice and a fair shake from the insurance companies, he has written the consumer guide book, Seven Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case. You can request your free, no obligation copy right now, or contact our office for your complimentary copy sent to you today.
Contact Meldon Law at 800-373-8000 immediately if you have been involved in a serious auto, truck, or motorcycle accident. We are in your community, have the experience and resources required to work towards obtaining a fair settlement for you – we are here to help you.