– – – – –
Following a driving under the influence (DUI) conviction in Florida, you will likely be placed into a higher risk pool for insurance purposes. This may mean that you will have to pay higher insurance premiums. For this reason, it is vital to consult with an experienced Florida DUI lawyer immediately following a driving charge.
THE FOLLOWING IS AN OVERVIEW OF HOW THE DUI WILL IMPACT YOUR INSURANCE POLICY:
- Once your case has been resolved, your driving record will reflect whether or not you have a DUI conviction.
- Your insurance premium may remain the same until it is time to renew.
- At the time for renewal or when you switch providers, your premium will likely increase substantially.
- Insurance companies typically review the driving records of existing customers once per year.
- Insurance companies typically review the driving records of potential new customers before entering into an agreement.
- If you are convicted of a DUI, some insurance companies may refuse to insure you.
If you were convicted of a DUI in Florida, it is wise to obtain quotes for motor vehicle insurance from various companies. While a DUI will likely place you in the high risk pool for any company, rates can vary significantly.
Your best defense, however, is to avoid the conviction to begin with. Our free guide Ways to Possibly Avoid a DUI Charge or Conviction in Alachua County offers information about how this may be a possibility. For more information about avoiding a conviction or charge of DUI in Florida, contact an experienced DUI attorney serving Gainesville & Ocala today. Call Meldon Law at our toll free number: 800-373-8000.
Remember, the only sure way of avoiding the lifelong consequences of a DUI conviction is to not drink and drive!
However, if it is too late, do not make another mistake – hire an experienced DUI/DWI lawyer to represent you and do it ASAP, don’t wait! You can contact us today at 1 800 373 8000.
The experienced Trial Lawyers at Meldon Law are dedicated to preserving the rights of the accused.
Pictured above – Dan Weisman, Jeffrey Meldon, and Carey Meldon have a combined 60 years of legal experience representing people in Gainesville, Florida and Alachua County, Florida accused of DUI/DWI and other criminal charges. They wrote the DUI Guide for Alachua County – Ways to Possibly Avoid a DUI Charge or Conviction. Request your free copy today.
This free no obligation book, written by a team of experienced DUI defense criminal trial lawyers, gives insight into what a DUI charge is, ways the State can prove the charge, and possible legal defenses.
Being charged and convicted of DUI is best avoided by not drinking and driving! This book also gives information on what it takes to be over the legal limit, how alcohol affects the body, plus much, much more!