How Do I Protect Myself From Aggressive Drivers?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, NHTSA, a majority of drivers consider unsafe drivers a major threat to public safely. Aggressive drivers likely contribute to more than 6 million crashes every year and 27,000 traffic fatalities.
So, what should you do when faced with an aggressive driver, who is driving under the influence of “impaired emotions?”
- Get out of their way. Change lanes, pull over, or let them pass.
- Don’t challenge them. Put your pride in check, and let them by.
- Ignore them. Don’t make eye contact and ignore obscene or threatening gestures.
- Call 911. Report an aggressive driver to Law Enforcement.
- Pay attention to the road, and wear your seat belt. Aggressive drivers may cause a wreck or disrupt the flow of traffic, so be prepared for the unexpected.
For More Information:
- Am I an aggressive driver? Gainesville, Florida accident attorney gives insight.
- Aggressive Driving Defined-how to identify it on the road
I am local accident attorney Jeffrey Meldon and I strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of and/or recovery from a serious accident. My office and I take pride in our work, and the results we get for our clients.
Meldon Law is a regional law firm that is located in Gainesville, Florida. We are personal injury lawyers, litigators and trial lawyers that have been working to get accident victims the justice they deserve for over 40 years throughout North Florida and all over Florida. Accidents involving a car crash, truck wreck, motorcycle, ATVs, bicycle, pedestrian accidents, and dog bites, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and criminal defense are all included in our practice.
For more information on how we can help you, or with any other question you may have, feel free to contact our office at 800-373-8000.