– – – – –
While traveling on the roadways of Florida, you are likely to encounter a work zone. Work crews must perform maintenance and upgrades to the roads and highways within the state. Unfortunately, this cannot usually be done by shutting down the area completely to traffic. As a result, travelers are at risk of becoming involved in a Ocala work zone car crash. These accidents may result in significant injuries that create significant financial, emotional, and physical losses.
In order to reduce the chances of becoming involved in this type of crash, consider taking the following measures:
- Avoid using navigation systems, the radio, or cell phones while driving through Florida work zones.
- Stay alert and vigilant while driving.
- Avoid traveling too closely behind the other cars on the roadway, allowing two car lengths or two seconds of time between cars.
- Travel only in your lane while passing through the work zone.
- Avoiding attempts to change lanes while inside the work zone.
- Be prepared for unexpected situations.
- Avoid the use of alcohol or drugs while driving.
- Travel below the speed limit while passing through the work zone.
- Stay up to date with safety maintenance on your vehicle.
Each of these measures will reduce the chances that you become involved in a work zone crash. For more information about Florida roadway crashes, contact an experienced Ocala car accident attorney today. Call our office for a free consultation at our toll free number, (800) 373-8000.