Do Red-Light Cameras Reduce Traffic Fatalities?
To complicate the red-light camera debate, a February 2011 study finds red light cameras actually reduce red-light running traffic fatalities.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), such cameras reduce not only fatal red-light running collisions, but also other types of fatal crashes at intersections. The study finds red-light cameras saved approximately 59 lives from 2004 to 2008 in 14 major cities, reducing the rate of red-light gunning accidents by 24 percent.
In addition, the study concluded that a total of 815 deaths would have been prevented, had all major cities installed such cameras.
For more information:
- Ready, Get set, Gainesville gives Red-Light Cameras the Go-ahead – Gainesville Accident Attorney Explains.
- The Great Red-Light Camera Debate – Gainesville Accident Attorney Helps Explain.
- Gainesville Accident Attorney Gives Advice on How to Avoid a Red-Light Camera Ticket: follow the signals
- Red Means Stop – No Excuses! Gainesville accident attorney explains the risks
- Dangers in Red Light Running
- Red Light Cameras Get the Green Light in Gainesville.
Hello, I am Jeffrey Meldon. As an accident attorney, I strongly believe that public education is the first step in the prevention of an accident or in the recovery from one.
My Office and Associates are located in Gainesville, Florida. We are Personal Injury Attorneys (Accident Lawyers). I take pride in my work and the results that I and my experienced team of Associates and Staff get for our clients.
Everyone in my Office works hard to help accident victims get the justice and the fair settlement or jury verdict that they deserve throughout the North and Central Florida area including: Ocala, Marion County, Alachua County, Lake City, Citrus County, Daytona Beach, and Inverness. I am highly involved with every case in my office and am the negotiator with insurance companies.
You can feel free to give me a call at 800-373-8000 or contact my office, with any questions you may have, or to discuss your unique case.
Consultations and Case Evaluations are always Free.