Ocala Scarring and Disfiguring Injuries Attorney
Almost any type of accident can lead to scarring and disfigurement. These scars can appear on any part of the body, including the arms, legs, chest, back, and even the face. Scars on the face are especially traumatizing to victims, since people see our faces on an everyday basis—we cannot hide these scars. These scars serve as daily reminders of the trauma. But the effects are not just cosmetic. Scars and disfigurement can be results of other serious injuries, Make sure you get proper treatment. Contact an Ocala scarring and disfiguring injuries attorney today.
What Causes Scarring and Disfigurement?
The following accidents can cause scars and disfiguring injuries:
- Car accidents. Shattered glass, airbag explosions, and other incidents can cause amputations and serious lacerations, which can lead to scars.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders have little protection in the event of a crash. Even when wearing proper equipment, they can suffer road rash, which can be severe in nature and cause disfiguring injuries.
- Burns. Burn injuries damage the skin and cause severe scarring. Many victims require skin grafts due to the severity.
- Dog bites. Dog bites can puncture the skin, causing scars anywhere on the body. Scars on the legs, arms, and face are especially common.
- Surgeries. Cosmetic surgery and extensive operations can leave scars.
Long-Term Effects of Scars and Disfiguring Injuries
Some scars and disfiguring injuries are primarily cosmetic, while some can affect a person’s quality of life. For example, severe scarring on an arm or leg can cause mobility issues. Scars and disfigurements on the face could also affect a victim’s vision or speech. There may also be extensive pain involved. These issues may be temporary or permanent.
Scars and disfigurements can also have a psychological impact on a person. Victims may be embarrassed by them, especially if they are in a prominent area of the body. These scars can also be a reminder of the accident, potentially causing post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The long-term effects also include financial issues. Treating the scars and other injuries can be costly, as a victim may require physical or psychological therapy. If the scars and disfigurement have caused mobility issues, the victim may be unable to work, resulting in a loss of income.
If the injuries were caused by the negligence of a third party, the victim may be able to recover compensation for damages. Medical expenses, lost wages, scarring, disfigurement, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life would all be compensable damages in this case.
Contact an Ocala Scarring and Disfiguring Injuries Attorney Today
Car accidents, dog bites, and burns are just some of the things that can cause scarring and disfigurement. These injuries cause not only physical injuries but emotional trauma as well.
It can be hard to move on from a disfiguring injury. Getting the right amount of compensation can help. The personal injury attorneys at Meldon Law can represent your case. Schedule a consultation today. Contact an Ocala scarring and disfiguring injuries attorney by calling at (800) 373-3000.