Ocala Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Riding motorcycles can be fun for many people, but there’s no denying the possible dangers involved. Occupants in passenger vehicles have seatbelts, airbags, windshields, and other safety features to protect them in the event of an accident. Motorcyclists have nothing. Even in a seemingly minor crash, they can end up with bruises, road rash, broken bones, and other injuries. If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, get the compensation you deserve by filing a claim with an Ocala common causes of motorcycle accidents attorney.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle crashes can be caused by a variety of factors, including the following:
- Driving under the influence. This is a major cause of motorcycle accidents. When a motorcyclist or other motorist is intoxicated, they suffer from impaired judgment. Their reaction time also slows down, making crashes more likely.
- Speeding and reckless driving. Motorcycles are known for speeding, but other vehicles go too fast as well. Some tailgate or weave in and out of traffic. Others may run stop signs and red lights. These actions can cause serious accidents and injuries.
- Distracted driving. Not everyone pays attention while driving. While it’s hard for a motorcycle rider to multitask while driving, many drivers of passenger vehicles seem to have no problem texting, eating, reading, tending to pets and children, or changing radio stations while driving. Anything that causes a driver to take their hands off the wheel or their eyes off the road can be a distraction—and possibly a deadly one.
- Unsafe lane changes. Many motorists change lanes abruptly, and not all drivers look out for motorcycles, as they are much smaller than other vehicles. This can lead to serious accidents.
- Road conditions. Potholes and debris on the road are usually not issues for passenger vehicles. However, for motorcycles, such road conditions can lead to serious accidents. A rider can lose balance or control and get into a crash.
Motorcycle riders need to be proactive and focus on their safety. Here are some safety tips for motorcyclists:
- Wear the right gear. This includes a helmet, jacket, durable pants, and appropriate footwear.
- Avoid heavy traffic. It’s harder to ride in congested conditions. Try to avoid traffic if at all possible.
- Drive defensively. Stay away from motorists who are driving aggressively. Try to predict the moves of others.
- Avoid drinking and driving. You’ll be safer when you’re sober and not intoxicated.
- Stay focused on the road. Avoid texting or engaging in other distracting behaviors while riding a motorcycle.
- Be aware of the weather. Ice, rain, and snow can be dangerous for a motorcycle. Avoid these conditions if possible.
Contact an Ocala Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Today
A motorcycle crash is a serious situation. Depending on the impact, a person can suffer catastrophic injuries and even death.
Seek legal help from the personal injury attorneys at Meldon Law. We can assess your motorcycle accident case and help you get the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation with an Ocala common causes of motorcycle accidents attorney, call our office at (800) 373-3000.