Newberry Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
You should not have to deal with the stress and financial burden of medical bills, work loss, and pain and suffering from an accident you did not cause. You deserve compensation if you suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash due to another party’s reckless or wrongful actions.
Meldon Law can put more than 50 years of experience to work seeking economic justice for you and your family. Our Newberry motorcycle accident lawyers will take on your fight like it’s our own. We will stand up for your rights and won’t back down until we secure full and fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Call (352) 373-8000 to learn more about how our personal injury attorneys can help you.
Meldon Law CARES About Injured Motorcyclists in Newberry
At Meldon Law, we understand you have many options when selecting a lawyer, so we strive to set ourselves apart by offering high-quality legal representation focused on results and client service. We will empower you with information, so you fully understand your legal options and feel confident moving forward with us at your side.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Newberry will work tirelessly to show that our firm CARES. We exemplify the following values in everything we do for our clients:
- Compassion. We know you are going through a difficult time physically and emotionally, and we want to be here for you. We provide clients with dedicated representation and the support and services they need to get back on their feet.
- Accountability. The outcome of your case is our responsibility, and we have no problems assuming the upfront financial risk. We also work on contingency, meaning you do not owe us a fee unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
- Reliability. When you work with us, you can rest assured our team has every detail handled. You never need to worry about paperwork, filing deadlines, or any other case-related obligation.
- Excellence. Fighting for clients isn’t just our job; it’s our calling. We work for you and want to meet and exceed your expectations.
- Success. We know what it takes to succeed. Our case wins include significant results, including a $1.45 million motorcycle accident award.
You don’t just get a lawyer with Meldon Law. You get support from our entire team of paralegals, investigators, clerks, and intake specialists. With us on your side, all you have to focus on is getting better. In the meantime, we take care of everything else.
Our Attorneys Can Identify and Pursue Your Motorcycle Accident Losses
Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which means motorists must exhaust their personal injury protection (PIP) coverage before seeking damages from a third party. However, because no-fault requirements only apply to four-wheeled vehicles, motorcyclists have no restrictions on seeking compensation from a negligent driver.
After a collision, riders can pursue awards from an at-fault party via a claim against their liability insurance or with a personal injury lawsuit. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Newberry can explain your options for financial recovery and fight for every cent owed to you. Damages may include compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Lost future earning capacity
- Motorcycle repairs or your vehicle’s fair market value
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental distress
- Lost quality of life
- Wrongful death-related expenses, including funeral and burial costs
We seek every penny you deserve following your accident and injuries in Newberry. Our lawyers are eager to learn your story and start advocating for you today.
Our Personal Injury Team Will Build a Robust Motorcycle Collision Case
Our Newberry, FL, motorcycle accident lawyers know what it takes to construct a solid personal injury case. Not only can we back your claim with decades of knowledge and experience, but we can also put in the time and effort needed to prove your right to compensation.
Collect Case-Related Evidence
We will visit the crash scene and take other necessary steps to gather evidence proving your case’s elements. We can:
- Obtain important documents, such as police reports and medical records
- Photograph the accident site, your injuries, and motorcycle’s damage
- Collect physical evidence, including debris from the accident site and available cell phone, dashcam, and surveillance footage
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Employ state-of-the-art technology to create a compelling case narrative
- Hire and consult with experts who can help with complex and technical issues
Identify the Liable Parties and Prove Negligence
Our investigation will help us determine who is liable for your accident. While fault for vehicle collisions often rests with a negligent driver, your case may also involve other parties. Depending on the cause of the crash, a manufacturer, a property owner, or even a driver’s employer may bear some fault and financial responsibility.
Our lawyers will establish liability by proving the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. We will show that those at fault had a legal obligation to prevent causing you harm.
- Breach of duty. We will prove that the negligent party failed to uphold their duty of care. Examples of a breach of duty include speeding, driving drunk, or running a red light.
- Causation. We will prove that the liable party’s actions caused your accident.
- Damages. We will show that your accident resulted in financial losses and physical injuries.
Note that in Florida, any party found more than 50 percent at fault for a personal injury cannot seek compensation. Our lawyers will also work to defend you from allegations of negligence or wrongdoing that could jeopardize your right to recover damages.
Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
You can trust our lawyers to negotiate for every dollar you deserve for your motorcycle accident. If the insurance company plays hardball, we put up a fight. We prepare every case for trial and will represent you in court if necessary.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
The statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death in Florida recently changed from four to two years under HB 837. If you do not file your lawsuit within this time limit, the court will likely dismiss your case.
Removing the threat of legal action will also remove the urgency from your insurance claim, potentially leading to a reduced or denied settlement. Therefore, getting started on your case immediately is a good idea.
Our Lawyers Can Help With Your Motorcycle Crash Case in Newberry
Reach out to Meldon Law today to find out more about how our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you get your life back on track after suffering a personal injury. Call (352) 373-8000 to get started with a free consultation and connect with a lawyer near you.