Fort Lauderdale Auto Accident Attorneys
Auto accidents can happen almost anywhere in the Fort Lauderdale area, and they can result in debilitating and fatal injuries. Whether you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle collision or have lost a loved one in a crash, an experienced Fort Lauderdale auto accident attorney at our firm can help you to seek the financial compensation you deserve. We know how critical it is to have an advocate on your side from the insurance claims process through to a lawsuit against the liable motorist who caused the collision. Our team can speak with you today about seeking compensation for a collision in a no-fault state.
Learning More About Fort Lauderdale Auto Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions are much too common in the Fort Lauderdale area, and they often involve both Florida residents and visitors to the area. From snowbirds visiting in the winter and residents who call Fort Lauderdale home year-round to tourists who are in the city for a short time to enjoy the beach, car accidents can involve anyone. Auto accidents can affect occupants of motor vehicles, as well as motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists who are sharing the road. The following are some key facts and figures from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles:
- In the state of Florida in 2020, there were a total of 341,399 crashes, which resulted in 212,432 injuries and 3,332 total fatalities;
- Of those collisions, 5,952 involved bicyclists, 8,045 involved motorcyclists, and 8,117 involved pedestrians;
- Florida had a total of 92,247 hit-and-run crashes in 2020, which resulted in a total of 20.994 nonfatal injuries and 256 fatalities;
- In Broward County, where Fort Lauderdale is located, there were a total of 34,050 crashes that resulted in 18,984 injuries and 268 fatalities;
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents accounted for about 5 percent of all reported injury collisions each (for a total of 10 percent), while pedestrian accidents accounted for nearly 7 percent of all reported injury crashes; and
- Hit-and-run accidents accounted for about one-third of all collisions in Broward County.
Steps to Take After a Fort Lauderdale Auto Accident
What should you do after an auto accident in Fort Lauderdale to preserve your right to seek financial compensation? Our auto accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale recommend the following steps:
- Document the scene of the collision by taking a wide range of photos;
- Obtain contact information for people at the scene, including anyone involved in the accident and any potential witnesses;
- Get medical attention as soon as possible, even if you are not certain that you require immediate treatment;
- Report the accident to your insurance company; and
- Hire an experienced Fort Lauderdale auto accident lawyer to assist you with your claim.
Contact Our Fort Lauderdale Auto Accident Attorneys
When you have been injured in an auto accident in or around Fort Lauderdale, it is critical to have an aggressive auto accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale on your side. Dealing with the insurance company can be complicated, and you will want a strong negotiator. If the insurance payout is insufficient and you can prove your eligibility for filing a lawsuit, your attorney can represent you from start to finish. Contact Meldon Law today to find out more about filing a claim for financial compensation.