When To Call a Attorney After a Florida Car Accident
If you’ve been in a major car accident in Florida that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you probably know that it’s in your best interests to retain an experienced car accident attorney. But things aren’t always as black and white when it comes to less serious accidents. Even fender benders are upsetting, and when you’ve been involved in any kind of car accident, you aren’t always at your decision-making best. Car accidents can have far-reaching implications, so think carefully before you decide simply to settle with the insurance company.
Take Stock of the Situation
Car accidents have the potential to cause a tremendous amount of financial and bodily damage, and the medical ramifications and expense are often not immediately apparent. Many people are inclined to avoid the perceived added inconvenience of contacting a personal injury attorney, but you shouldn’t be one of those people. Florida’s no-fault laws can be complicated and difficult to maneuver, but a skilled attorney can help you ascertain and obtain your rightful legal compensation.
When and Why to Contact an Attorney
- While minimum PIP coverage will cover your losses up to $10,000 regardless of fault, it is still important to speak to an attorney as soon as you can. Some of the reasons for this are detailed below:
- It’s not always obvious at the outset of an accident what your injuries and damages will be and what your compensation should be.
- Establishing negligence is not always straightforward and often calls for skilled investigation.
- Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and doing so right after a car accident is far from ideal. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, and accident victims often end up feeling like they’ve been tricked into providing a confused narrative of the accident or, worse, into admitting fault.
- Once you’ve accepted an offer from the insurance company, you forfeit your right to pursue additional damages.
A car accident is no time to improvise. You need an experienced car accident attorney with expertise in conducting thorough investigations in support of the facts.
If You’ve Been in a Car Accident, Contact a Florida Car-accident Attorney Today
At Meldon Law, our experienced Gainesville car accident attorneys are skilled at thoroughly investigating accidents, and we will help you build your strongest case and obtain the compensation that you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been in a car crash, call us at 800-373-8000 for a free consultation today.