Most people seriously injured in accidents probably thought it would never happen to them. Trying to cope with a serious accident, injuries, medical bills and uncooperative insurance companies is difficult. What is even more frustrating is when the accident was caused by someone else's negligence.
Insurance adjusters are trained professionals and they are NOT always on your side.They are trained to save the insurance company, their employer, money in any way they can and have many tactics to do so.Ten Things You Need To Know After Being Injured In a Car or Motorcycle Accident
- Get medical care as soon as possible after an accident and do not miss appointments. Insurance adjusters know that jurors expect seriously injured accident victims to go to the doctor right a way and on a regular basis.
- Do not lie or withhold information from your doctor or lawyer, you will be caught and it can be devastating to your case & credibility. Be honest.
- Do not sign any insurance company documents, papers, medical authorization forms, release of personal information forms without speaking with an attorney first.
- The insurance adjuster may ask you to make a recorded statement or interview about your injuries. Beware! Talk to a lawyer first.
- Keep track of all medical treatments, visits, and procedures you received after your injury. Make a file with dates.
- Evidence can get "cold". Consult an experienced personal injury/accident lawyer right away if you are seriously injured.
- You may not need a lawyer to represent you in a small injury case- but remember most lawyers' initial consultations are free.
- You have not just won the lottery just because you were in an accident. This is a myth.
- All lawyers and law offices are not the same nor equal!
Legal Rights & Compensation for Auto Accident Victims
The repercussions of a car or motorcycle accident can be extremely unfair for the victim. It is not uncommon for an accident victim to go through an extensive recovery process and to not be able to return to work. As a result, victims and their family members frequently experience severe financial hardships, as bills continue to go unpaid, medical expenses increase and income drops.
Possible compensation for victims of Gainesville auto accidents include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Many individuals involved in motor vehicle collisions will try to go through the insurance companies to settle their cases. However, insurance companies most likely will not provide fair compensation, and will try to give them "low ball" offers. Frequently, the settlement is not even enough to replace the damaged vehicle.
The rights of an accident victim differ depending on if the crash involved a motorcycle or car. Each type of accident has its own complexities and requires a deep understanding of the law. That is why you need the help of an experienced Florida car accident lawyer. It can be overwhelming trying to choose the right lawyer and it is the biggest decision you will make that will impact your case.
Did you know...
- Florida law requires that the person who is responsible for the motorcycle or car accident to pay for repairs and medical treatment.
- Studies have shown that accident victims receive 3.5 times more compensation if they are represented by an attorney.
For the Best Outcome to Your Florida Injury Claim, You Need a Top Law Firm
When selecting a lawyer for your car or motorcycle accident case, choose one with the following qualities:
- Handles car and motorcycle accident cases regularly
- Has extensive experience practicing law
- Understands the medical aspects of the injuries involved
- Is willing to go to trial
- Excels in client communication
- Understands what clients are going through and truly cares
- Is present in the community
If you or a family member has been involved in a car or motorcycle accident in North Central Florida, the time to get help is now by getting an experienced, state of the art, law firm working on your side. Meldon Law is based in Gainesville, Florida and for over 30 years has been representing those who have been seriously injured in car and motorcycle accidents in Gainesville, Ocala, Lake City, Inverness and all over North Florida. See what some of our clients have to say about us.
More About Meldon Law
We do not take on every case that comes our way, which allows us to devote the time and resources necessary to get the best outcome possible and to make ourselves available to our clients when they need us. You will never be left in the dark regarding the status of your case. We hold a high value on communication because not only will it give you peace of mind, but communication is vital to the success of your case.
As our client, you will be able to personally speak with your car accident attorney! Only our experienced lawyers will prepare and negotiate your case, not secretaries or paralegals. We utilize our substantial resources and spare no expense or time to ensure a successful outcome to your case. Our car and motorcycle accident lawyers consult with the best available experts in accident reconstruction. We use this information, plus the latest technology in negotiation and litigation, to work on getting you the compensation you deserve.
As a client of our law firm, you are treated as a person and not just another case. We have compassion for every client, which is shown through our commitment. Contact Meldon Law at (877) 330-3530 or (352) 373-8000 today if you have been involved in a serious auto accident. We are in your community and here to help YOU. We take pride in our work and in the results we get for our clients.
Jeffrey Meldon is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of lawyers in the country are members.